Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2012 cts-v, 2008 sts-v, 2005 cts-v
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need new tires (20,000 miles on oem's) and my preferred choice, like most of you, are the ss's. the fronts are available but the rears are on back order. a quick call to Michelin and I discovered that for the next 30 days there's no production planned for this specific tire and, when I pressed further, he couldn't give me a future production date -- although the tire isn't being discontinued. so, for the immediate future it looks like we'll all have to either spring for the oem's (which I'm very satisfied with) or go with another brand.

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
I got a full set of PSS (in stock sizes) in May of 2015. I had previously made friends with a tire rack representative, and he made sure I got the "next ones that come in". I was watching the website, and the status of "On Backorder" never even changed. I don't know if they got a very small quantity, or if they sell that fast?
I know that our rears are used on a Ferrari, a Porsche, a BMW, and a Corvette (maybe many more)... My buddy has an F430, and back in October 2014, he bought (8) 285-35-19 PSS's as soon as he could find them (hoarding).

I have sent my tire rack guy a couple of gift certificates for past favors he has done, and he remembers me. As you say, the fronts are in stock now. Going forward, I would make a friend at Tire Rack, or go back to the PS2's :(

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I have 11,500 on the OEM rears and still seem to have enough tread left to get me by for a few more months of driving. I am in the same boat. Still waiting for the PSS rears.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
I sized up to 295/35, coupe though.

·
Registered
12 Wagon Hennessey 700, SB wheels, Corsa
160 Posts
I went with Pilot Sport A/S Plus run flats on the rear. That was to replace the OEM's after a road hazard took one out on an interstate. Didn't notice immediately any change in the drive. Finally I looked down at the info center only too see zero pressure.

Drove enough distance to trash the sidewalk with no wheel damage. Of course, the tire inflation kit is useless here (and is anyway). A 60 mile flatbed ride to my Caddi dealership and a 5 day wait for the tires..

I'll replace the fronts with a run flat option as well (assuming I can find them) :suspense:

·
Registered
776 Posts
I went with Pilot Sport A/S Plus run flats on the rear. That was to replace the OEM's after a road hazard took one out on an interstate. Didn't notice immediately any change in the drive. Finally I looked down at the info center only too see zero pressure.

Drove enough distance to trash the sidewalk with no wheel damage. Of course, the tire inflation kit is useless here (and is anyway). A 60 mile flatbed ride to my Caddi dealership and a 5 day wait for the tires..

I'll replace the fronts with a run flat option as well (assuming I can find them) :suspense:
run flats are not the tire for me.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts

Michelin makes the Pilot Super Sport ZP tires which are rated to be very good. I just don't want a run-flat tire.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
I have a set of monster steam rollers if anyone has aftermarket wheels. 325/30/19's Michelin Pilot Supersports with 95% tread left. $650 shipped or roughly $210 off sticker and currently out of stock.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
696 Posts
CVP33 said:
I have a set of monster steam rollers if anyone has aftermarket wheels. 325/30/19's Michelin Pilot Supersports with 95% tread left. $650 shipped or roughly $210 off sticker and currently out of stock.
Damn! You're an inch shorter than what I need.

I need 325/25/20s for my rears. I can't believe I've survived 30,000 miles on these.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,155 Posts
Damn! You're an inch shorter than what I need.

I need 325/25/20s for my rears. I can't believe I've survived 30,000 miles on these.
Especially on the rears.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Wagon-Raven Black, manual, satin graphite wheels
453 Posts
If you can't said for the PSS or are just willing to generally consider something else. RE-11's with the 265/35 front. I don't think you'll be disappointed, I love them.

·
Registered
776 Posts
If you can't said for the PSS or are just willing to generally consider something else. RE-11's with the 265/35 front. I don't think you'll be disappointed, I love them.
Yes the Bridgestones are a really good tire too. Leaps and bounds ahead of the Michelin A/S. The A/S is a mom's minivan tire. The V deserves a dedicated Max performance "summer only" tire in the warm, and a dedicated snow tire in the cold. Anything else is full of compromise.

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
I guess it was good that I replaced my OEMs shortly after I took the car out of storage back in late March.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan
55 Posts
Tire Rack has the Michelin Pilot SS in stock in size 295/35ZR-19 same as the ones I purchased and installed on my car about a month ago. Love the tires.

MPSS.jpg

45LongColt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts