Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't you hate it when you grab your SAE Crescent wrench only to find the bolt is metric?

Now you can end those embarrassing moments and save some bucks. Newegg has a 3 piece metric adjusting wrench set on sale for $15 between 6PM and midnight (PST) tonight: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA02V01M2491

Seriously though, can you believe they actually sell separate Metric and SAE adjustable wrenches?

Reminds me of a lady friend of mine who asked me where she could get some wrenches to fill out her husband's tool box for his birthday. I asked what she needed and she said she noticed he just had odd sized SAE wrenches (1/2, 3/8, 5/16, etc) and wanted to buy him the even numbered sizes.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
Wow!!!! That's a great deal!!

----And to think, some marketing firm probably got paid a lot of money for that......

----------

Wow!!!! That's a great deal!!

----And to think, someone in marketing probably got a bonus.....

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
I used to get a lot of humor mileage when claiming that I had a set of metric crescent wrenches in my toolbox. Now everyone is on to me :)

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
I can't help but wonder if that was not just an oversight. They can't be serious and no one can be that stupid.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,802 Posts
Hoosier Daddy said:
I wish I weren't. The metric adjustable wrenches are for real. The worst part is, I'm going to buy that set on sale because my "regular" ones keep walking off. LoL
And when you get the new set in. Mark them as METRIC ONLY. Lol

Ranger said:
I can't help but wonder if that was not just an oversight. They can't be serious and no one can be that stupid.
Wanna bet?

KOT

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wanna bet we could think of something equally coy and market it accordingly. :sneaky:
I would have said solar powered flashlights, but they sort of exist. They aren't solar powered but they use solar to recharge their batteries. Just close enough to spoil the joke.

We all know the automakers are going to electric power steering to cut parasitic losses. Some cars have electric water pumps for the same reasons. Maybe we could sell a ton of electric powered alternators to greenies on eBay or Craigslist!

----------

no one can be that stupid.
You've obviously never spent time in this nation's capital.

·
Registered
'02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS
1,948 Posts
Oh man! That's what the problem was. I was trying to change my muffler bearings with an old American adjustable. Now I'll need to buy a new set.

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We could introduce a whole new line of tools. How about metric hammers?
All it takes is the right marketing. Anyone remember the 1st ergonomic Microsoft mouse? MS heralded its curved shape perfectly fit the right hand. When the press asked them what about lefties, they went away for a few days and issued another press release saying the same curve was perfect for left hands. LoL

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,802 Posts
I know it wasn't mentioned in any response. But NewEgg could make more money. They just need to find a supplier that sells the same product. But have the handles be marked in metric 15cm, 25cm and 30cm SAE Adjustable crescent wrenches.

Anyone work at a factory that can get this done? We can be millionaires.

KOT

PS All information above is copyrighted and has a patent pending to KOT.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts