Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hum yeah if you can believe it that is what happened to my V yesterday. I am driving down the road and I hear a "clank clank" and something snap. The clutch pedal feels very weak with no resistance as if all the pressure has been lost. So I pull over and shut her down and call road side assistance.

After waiting about 45 minutes I decide to pull the car off the street into a parking lot. I am able to move it about a hundred yards and as I am about to come to a stop I hear what appears to be gears grinding so I shut it down.

When I get out of the vehicle I see metal fragments of shrapnel spitting out from the front end. It did not sound good. :eek: At first I thought it might be the rear end but the differential looks fine, and the metal is coming from the front. Though the rear end has been leaking the past few weeks (for the first time).

I dont believe it is my clutch plates as the car only has 20k miles and the clutch has been as smooth as can be. I have not experienced any slippage. Lastly I should note that when the car came to a stop and sat for awhile there was no evidence of fluids leaking anywhere.

WHAT on earth is wrong with my car!?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
I'd try a new air filter. jk Sorry to hear that man, it is possible the started gear somehow engaged? Just a guess... You within warranty?

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is still under warranty which is a good thing but I just spoke with the service manager who said they didnt know if they could warranty it or not. They would have to open it up and if they dont want to warranty it I will have to pay for the labor... pretty unreal but I had to give the go ahead.

He has informed me that the pressure plate has come apart and broke the bell housing in the clutch. Not too sure what that consists of but I do know clutch is wear and tear. I only have 20k miles though so Im really confused. This sucks.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
:yeah:

Exploding pressure plates are not normal. That's 100% warranty, including anything it trashed in it's final moments.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the feedback. Its really difficult to deal with these dealerships. Im pretty surprised how they treat you. Like all matter of fact, too bad....

Just got a message from the service dealer who said they are trying to take the tranny out but running into the headers and may need to remove them. He said if that is the case they will charge me labor to do so. Do Long Tube headers need to be removed for this issue? What do you all think? I think they are just trying to get some money out of me.

I love this car but these service issues are rediculous.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
i know you have to pull the headers off of mod motors to get the bell housings off ... but thats ford...

i know the headers on my friend's LS1 3rd gen RX7 are in the way of the trans just being pulled out... so yeah they might ahve to come out

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Wow thats shitty. I hope it all ends up well. I hate when people play shady and garnish money when you can't do anything abou it.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Which dealership are you dealing with?

De La Fuente Cadillac is AWFUL when it comes to warranty work. If it's there, I'd strongly consider taking it elsewhere in the future. They are, quite simply, a joke.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Which dealership are you dealing with?

De La Fuente Cadillac is AWFUL when it comes to warranty work. If it's there, I'd strongly consider taking it elsewhere in the future. They are, quite simply, a joke.

No its in north county san diego, a city called carlsbad. The name of the dealership is Rorick-Buick Cadillac

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Aye---I drive through Carlsbad quite often... :)

I'm not familiar with that dealership, but they sound like tools. Consider Young Cadillac in Esconcido (just take the 78 over--it's right at the 78/15). They aren't the *best* when it comes to doing warranty work, but they definitely will work with you, especially if you are a good customer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts