Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black
53 Posts
that thing is worn to sh!t!! You might be able to fix it if u now someone or can do electrical work urself. But i think even fixing it and putting it in your car..... its a cadillac for crying out loud. Looks like someone hitched it to the back of a pick up and took it for a ride. There would be no resale value in that even IF you fixed it with the buttons looking like that.

Plus, that is an 03 model. NO DVD. only CD-Rom mapping. Sucky.

·
Registered
'03 CTS - 3.2L
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It just crossed my mind a few minutes ago, that at least the knobs can be replaced with the ones from my current non-nav system, but MrPlow has a good point, no DVD!

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,969 Posts
It seems to me that this thing has been recycled several times before and been rejected by unhappy buyers. Why waste your time with this POS.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
228 Posts
I bought one that needed some work like this but was in good working order. Figure about $100-$150 for the buttons from Luke, I went to a framing store and got a new glass protective piece cut and then layered it with an anti-glare film I bought for about $20 (this actually worked out better then I had expected and you wouldn't be able to tell it isn't oem). I would be most concerned with the damage to the faceplate as I don't know how easy that would be to replace, I don't think you can just buy that part because there are a lot of circuit boards and stuff attached to the back of it. Also if the display behind the glass is damaged which I can't tell from the pics I don't think it could be fixed.

Anyway buttons and glass are pretty easy fixes but beyond that it gets more complicated. And who said it wasn't DVD? it says DVD in the top left of the unit, not all 03's are cd versions. My restore turned out great, it wouldn't be impossible to do the same with this one, just figure in the cost of the buttons as they are not cheap.

Also Luke determines which buttons by the type part # of the radio since there are a few different ones, so getting the right buttons wouldn't be impossible. There was just a long backlog of button orders when i did mine, took about a month to get them.

·
Registered
'03 CTS - 3.2L
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems to me that this thing has been recycled several times before and been rejected by unhappy buyers. Why waste your time with this POS.
Yeah, I thought I saw the same one before, but wasn't sure!

I learned something though, I didn't think there was any hope for buttons such as those.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts