Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got KILLED tonite.

Was on my way down to the clubs. Saw an SL MB in front of me on the hiway, caught up to him at about 70 and hit the gas, passed him to tease and he cruised up REAL FAST to me like he wanted to race. We sat there, he gunned it first at like 60Mph, I then gunned it, I had no chance, he left me like I was STOPPED. I caught him (cause he slowed) at about 110mph. He slowed down. This time, we were at about 60mph, he LET ME GUN it 1st. I did, from 4th gear at about 4000rpm, I HIT IT!!!!!! He then left me like I was stopped!!!! SMOKED MY ASS!! I had my GirlFriend in the passenger. We both got off at the club distict. We came up to a stop-light. We both rolled our windows down. I was like, awsum car dude. He said, you to bro. Good race!!! RESPECT!! I never saw if he had an SL600 but it WAS FAST. I had NO chance and I got killed!!! :)

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
The only MB walking on you like that in the SL class is the SL65. It's power is in ferrari territory. Like 700HP and 600 Ftlbs of tq. I can't see any other benz walking away from the V like you are standing still.
Price 189K

·
Registered
476 Posts
The SL600 is a V-12 twin turbo @ 493 hp. They are extremely fast. I recall seeing a road test of sub 4 sec 0-60. I have heard arguments that they launch better than the SL65 (604 hp). Another mag. reported taking an SL65 to a drag stip. Its first run with ac on, street tires and no track adjustments whatsoever was in the high 11s.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Well it's nice to see someone post about getting out run and being honest about the experience. There are some fast high end MB out there, but definately a car beyond my price range :yup:

·
Registered
333 Posts
haha...there is no mercedes that can destroy you unless it is really worked up...i raced an sl55 and stayed side by side with him. The sl600 is just as fast as the sl55 because even though the 600 is a v12 it weighs more due to the increased engine size. the perosn who wrote this post is either a regular cts owner (NO V) or is a mercedes owner just bashing on us... :tisk: BTW i own a 2006 V that is stock and destroyed and i empohasize destroyed a 500 HP Mercedes G55 Galendawagon or however you spell it. Left him by like 20 car kengths on the highway, and smoked him off the light after my car caught traction, passed him in second gear and then could hardly see him after 10 seconds of acceleration....

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
Kidhummer said:
haha...there is no mercedes that can destroy you unless it is really worked up...i raced an sl55 and stayed side by side with him. The sl600 is just as fast as the sl55 because even though the 600 is a v12 it weighs more due to the increased engine size. the perosn who wrote this post is either a regular cts owner (NO V) or is a mercedes owner just bashing on us... :tisk: BTW i own a 2006 V that is stock and destroyed and i empohasize destroyed a 500 HP Mercedes G55 Galendawagon or however you spell it. Left him by like 20 car kengths on the highway, and smoked him off the light after my car caught traction, passed him in second gear and then could hardly see him after 10 seconds of acceleration....
Okay, I love the Vs, but they are not supercars. Some Mercedes AMG models are. Be proud of what you have, but don't think there is no stock car in the world that will walk on you (or run away on you as may be the case from the description in the story).

The Mercedes G-wagon, while impressive in it's own right, is not in the same league as the cars mentioned. I have no doubt that a CTS-V will take one, but if you put 20 car lengths on it easily, are you sure he was racing? :duck:

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kidhummer said:
Ok, just calling it as it happened, that said, I feel like had I not had a passenger and we started from a diff speed I could have at least stayed with him. But who knows. This thing looked brand-new and was FAST as HELL. Seemed like 911 Turbo speed.

I mean cmon dude. If it was an SL65, those things are insane. Anyway, if Im not a V owner, why'd I post pics of my new Car Motorsports mats yesterday? :) Anyhow, here are numbers on the SL65 --

2006 Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG

BASE PRICE: $185,775
ENGINE: 6.0 liter , 604 hp, 738 lb-ft Twin Turbo V12; rwd, front engine, five-speed auto
CURB WEIGHT: 4564 pounds
1/4 MILE: 11.3 sec / 127 mph

0 TO 60 MPH: 4.2 seconds
TOP SPEED: 155 mph

Get a clue dude! ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
yes he was racing because we set up the race. started from 40 (3 honks) pulled away immedietaly, then started at a red light, i spun so the g- spun for about half a second and took off in fron by a car, I caught up in second and flew away in 3rd and fourth. we did thjis a few times.

I beat a 350-z with exhaust even worse.

my other friend has a sl-55--> we both spun off the line because we both turned off traction control, i gripped first and pulled in front, when i hit second he pulled up to my driver door, he never passed me, we let off the gas at 110. he could not pass me...

these are the only 3 cars that i raced so far... there will be more :cool2:

·
Registered
333 Posts
i have a clue...i love cars and I no the stats. Yes, im sure an Sl-65 would take you. SL-65's are rare and if it was an sl-65 that you raced then I believe you. BUt the Sl-55 or an Sl-600 should not kill you as you say!! maybe you cannot drive well? or maybe my Ls-2 engine is a better engine...who knows

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
I can't believe you beat a G55 and then deduce that you can beat all AMG cars. The G is a frickin truck! It's a brick as well. And how the hell does a AWD truck spin off the line as you stated???

The SL600, SL55, and SL65 should ALL beat us...especially since they are automatics and will run these times every single race.

The SL65 stats were already posted but here is the lowly SL55 that couldn't pass you... Assuming you are an amazing driver and could get our V's into the very low 13's in a 1/4 mile stretch, the SL55 would still beat you by about .5 seconds and 6-7mph. That's like 6 or 7 car lengths at the end of the 1/4 with him still pulling on you like a freighttrain!!

Car-Stats.com Report for 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG
Obtained from MT September, 2002
0-60: 4.4 Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile: 12.6
1/4 Speed: 116

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Top end M/Bs are truly trick. Unless you have some killer mods, they should stomp you. They are torque MONSTERS! The V is a great car, but it isnt going to beat a 100K+ AMG (unless you have the aforementioned goodies)
Take heart that the fella even raced you, most AMG owners dont want to play and just love to pimp it around.

F

·
Registered
523 Posts
If you're at 60 and drop to 4th and hit it I think he will beat you.
If you're at 60 and drop to third and hit it you have a better chance.
probably a typo in the original post, o well

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kidhummer said:
BTW i own a 2006 V that is stock and destroyed and i empohasize destroyed a 500 HP Mercedes G55 Galendawagon or however you spell it. Left him by like 20 car kengths on the highway, and smoked him off the light after my car caught traction, passed him in second gear and then could hardly see him after 10 seconds of acceleration....
bro, G55 has the same engine as the SL55 but another 1,400 pounds on it! that's like racing an SL55 with roughly 7 guys in it (if they could fit :D ) huge handicap and you really shouldn't have a problem taking the G.

·
Registered
32 Posts
gothicaleigh said:
Okay, I love the Vs, but they are not supercars. Some Mercedes AMG models are. Be proud of what you have, but don't think there is no stock car in the world that will walk on you (or run away on you as may be the case from the description in the story).

The Mercedes G-wagon, while impressive in it's own right, is not in the same league as the cars mentioned. I have no doubt that a CTS-V will take one, but if you put 20 car lengths on it easily, are you sure he was racing? :duck:
one thing to consider is although there is lack of driver error with the AMG's due to auto tranny's, almost all the new AMG's are supercharged and they do get heatsoaked. weather conditions do come into play somewhat with these cars. racing one at night in cooler conditions or in cooler climates could release a different beast than one on a 95 degree sunny day. friend of mine has a CL55 kompressor which he just picked up this summer and mentioned it feels quicker now in this colder NY weather than it did when u first got it over the summer. just something to take into consideration. the V is abit more consistant due to it being naturally aspirated :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had the car for over a month, haven't found anyone else to race (just unlucky I guess). This HAD to be the 1st car I raced. :( Anyhow, thanks for the pos feedback.

I just can't believe how some people think their life is over if they lose. Now If I lost to a car I shouldn't lose to, I'd be upset BUT I'D POST IT and life goes on. Would it make me run out and buy mods the next day? Lets hope not. Gotta take the bad with the good.

All I can say is that this car was amazing, gotta give props. Cool that he raced , then after give me props.

·
Registered
104 Posts
willsctsv said:
The only MB walking on you like that in the SL class is the SL65. It's power is in ferrari territory. Like 700HP and 600 Ftlbs of tq. I can't see any other benz walking away from the V like you are standing still.
Price 189K
could of been an sl55 with pulley and computer

·
Registered
333 Posts
your exact words--> I HIT IT!!!!!! He then left me like I was stopped!!!! SMOKED MY ASS!!................... why would he give you props, sounds like he destroyed you....do you give props to people you destroy in a race? its like--> "i just blew you away, couldnt even keep up, GREAT RACE MAN!!! GOOD JOB!! you make no sense

1 - 20 of 89 Posts