Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
XT5
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NY Times, 8/14/20: "The German automaker Daimler said Thursday that it had agreed to pay $2.2 billion to settle accusations that Mercedes-Benz cars and vans sold in the United States were programmed to cheat on emissions tests."
An automaker has to sell less valuable cars for a higher price to fund such non-productive costs. Salaries and dividends are not going down, offices and plants will not be relocating to the slums. They could ask the advertising department to lie more to gullible Americans. As in taxing corporations, money does not grow on trees.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,042 Posts
Old news. The ability to cite multiple instances in history of exactly the same from 'American' manufacturers on their own 'gullible Americans' is neither purposeful nor even humorous to merit continuation of this thread.

Mods please move this to the 'Aimless Prattling Someone's Really Bored on a Friday' section. Come-on Armi-, there's really serious s..t going on in the world that makes this kind of stuff just a Tik-Tok stunt by comparison.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,380 Posts
Is this a rehash of the same sort of flap that VW or ? Porsche ? was involved in a year ago ?

·
Registered
XT5
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Cadillac brand name and relative value is enhanced by diminution of direct competitors. Looking at that shocking sticker, I must consider what value I will receive in exchange. Litigation costs must detract from perceived functionality.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,703 Posts
The Cadillac brand name and relative value is enhanced by diminution of direct competitors. Looking at that shocking sticker, I must consider what value I will receive in exchange. Litigation costs must detract from perceived functionality.
Until someone reminds everyone that Cadillac got caught programing their cars to turn off the AC if the car recognized the govt mileage test being conducted.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,447 Posts
Until someone reminds everyone that Cadillac got caught programing their cars to turn off the AC if the car recognized the govt mileage test being conducted.
A/C running constitutes and invalid test result 😎

1 - 6 of 6 Posts