Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV Platinum
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Escalade EXT Platinum

I can program my memory seat buttons (both 1 & 2) and they work for a couple of days and then forget. I follow the programming properly and get the 2 beeps for each button.

When they fail, you push either button 1 or 2 (from driver door) and the seat will move all the way forward, to the point of crushing your knees, and it has lost all points of prior selection.

What is the issue and what is the resolution?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Could be the seat position sensor on the tracks

I would get ahold of a tech-2 and check the vertical sensor readout as it's likely the module is seeing a different reading then what it should be

Now if the seat control for the forward/aft control is reversed then that's easy simply work the control in the oposite direction till it works like it should

It's the cause of the memory seat issues as I went through this issue twice with my 03 and it like to drive me nuts

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV Platinum
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The seat remembers the setting for a few days (haven't figured out a pattern) and then loses the settings.

Both of your suggestions would seem to indicate this would happen every time and not something it would "forget" or am I misunderstanding?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
That's how mine would do and it would also limit travel at times when it would do it

Each time I would have to work the controls in the opposite direction(forward/aft control) till I got the full range of movement back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts