Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as it is right now, it goes to easy exit when i get out.

but i assumed that it would go back to my position when i start the car?

any ideas?

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
Read the manual it is explained. Mine is set to return to position every time I open the door... the thing that bothers me is that I would much prefer that the return to position memory engage when I actually start the vehicle. Unfortunately the Escalade will not return to position upon starting the vehicle, ONLY when opening the door (or unlocking the door). The other Cadillac models give you the choice of returning to position either upon opening of the door OR starting the vehicle... WHY NOT Escalade???

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
There's no way to set it to recall memory on unlock or start??
Yes there is......if you hit the unlock button on your remote OR press the unlock button on the door handle, the seat will go to the memorized position for that remote! Mine does anyway.....

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
My Platinum is set to return to driveling position when I unlock the car.

ONE ANNOYING THING IS IF MY WIFE UNLOCKS THE CAR, EVEN FROM THE PASSENGER SIDE, THE SEAT ADJUSTS FOR HER.
A FEW TIMES WHILE I WAS IN THE DRIVERS SEAT.

This happened a few times when i shut off the car and open the windows and read while my wife is shopping.
THE SEAT IS TRYING ITS BEST TO CRUSH ME.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Platinum is set to return to driveling position when I unlock the car.
can you please tell me how you set this.. i tried all the options..

as of right now i can get it not to move while exiting.. so i thought cool.. it will be this way when i come back..

NOPE..

for some reason, it moves into an "EASY ENTRY" position when i unlock the car..

AND I STILL HAVE TO PRESS #1..

i read the manual, and its useless

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
79 Posts
I assumed, maybe wrongly, that if I set seat to Memory 1 after unlocking with Fob 1, the seat would return to my position when unlocking.

Then my wife would use Memory 1 with Fob 2, and that would work for her (she's shorter than me by several inches so this is important)

So, she uses Fob 2 to unlock and guess what, nothing happens.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Gundo said:
I assumed, maybe wrongly, that if I set seat to Memory 1 after unlocking with Fob 1, the seat would return to my position when unlocking. Then my wife would use Memory 1 with Fob 2, and that would work for her (she's shorter than me by several inches so this is important) So, she uses Fob 2 to unlock and guess what, nothing happens. Am I missing something?
Fob 1 is for driver one
Fob 2 is for driver two

If you use memory one and fob one then you use it for your memory preset
If your wife uses memory two then she should fob two

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
79 Posts
cadillac man! thank you, that worked perfectly. somewhere along the line we must have switched fobs. you are exactly right and save the day.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
I have ran into this problem before in my mom's cts so I know the feeling

Down side is on the replacement fobs for the older vehicles such as my 03 they stopped putting the 1or 2 on them(which sucks) and adds to the confusion when they get mixed up

Not sure if they label the new ones still or not

Glad to clear it up though

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
For us the seat mostly resets to memory position #1 when I open the door.

But every once in a while, enough to be annoying, the seat sets for memory position #2 when opening the door.
I thought it was mostly when my wife opened the door or entered the car first.

And less frequently, the seat stays int he exit position and I have to manually push the #1.
This happens more often when we have a lot of stops in a day.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
zerdian1 said:
For us the seat mostly resets to memory position #1 when I open the door. But every once in a while, enough to be annoying, the seat sets for memory position #2 when opening the door. I thought it was mostly when my wife opened the door or entered the car first. And less frequently, the seat stays int he exit position and I have to manually push the #1. This happens more often when we have a lot of stops in a day.
I would say if your wife has her fob at the truck first it sets to driver 2 as that's the first one it detects

1 - 16 of 16 Posts