Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Seville SLS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post so appologies for any mistakes....

I have a 2002 Seville SLS, my 4th Cadillac. It has the standard memory seats, radio and HVAC systems. The problem is with them keeping their memories. The custom settings (ie: lock on start engine) magically change too. New battery and problem was there with old battery too.

Seats: Position settings for driver 1/2/exit change for no apparent reason and can't be reprogrammed. ie: I start the car and the seat tries to fold me up like a suitcase. This will last for weeks then someday the reprogramming will start to work. Sometimes 'forgets' to activate 'exit' mode too.

HVAC: get out of car with system OFF. Get back in and start; HVAC will come on a go to 60 or 85. Can happen in reverse order too.

Program Feature (displayed in Message Center); Those setting will just change for no reason and refuse to be reset. Items like 'lock on Drive' or 'unlock on key off'.

There must be a central 'black box' for these features' memories, right?

Can anybody help by telling me what box handles this and where it's in the car? It's not an intermitent wiring problem because the 'new' seat setting are consistent like I have reprogrammed them intentionally.

Thanks!
Spike

PS: Read FAQs and TSBs. Also tried to search archive threads but didn't find a search engine.

·
Registered
1997 SLS
550 Posts
I can't speak for the '02s, but my '97 SLS had a very similar problem. For no apparent reason, and while driving, the seat would move forward and try to crush me against the steering wheel like in the movie "Christine". This happened several times before I took it to my dealer and complained. He said "Oh yes, that's a known problem" and they changed out the memory chip in the computer with that problem resolved. I was mad that it wasn't a major recall as it could have caused a serious accident. You might check with your dealer and ask if your car's memory chip was recalled too, especially since it involves your seat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts