Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are these normal with lowered cars? My springs are almost out! If I hit a bump and the weight of the car leaves the springs, the damn thing might dislodge.

Left image is the right springs, right image left springs

It's been put back in place. These are D3 springs/w spacers

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks misaligned, like it needs to be rotated.
That's what I thought too. The dealer insist they don't work with aftermarket but shouldn't it be common sense regardless of if the springs are shorter

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd lift the car up and realigned the springs so they seat correctly before you drive it any more.
Did that yesterday, definitely noticed the difference from before and after

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you like the mod a part from that? I'm thinking of doing the same to mine.
Personal most unbiased opinion? Don't do it! If your car is sitting right, there is no need for it. My tires where low profiles and stretched which made the gap ridiculously large. Even after the drop it still didn't take it out like I wanted.

You will feel every bump on the road, I drove from charlotte to Wilmington nc to purchase my wagon and that was the roughest ride I've ever experienced in the 3 years I owned the sts. The car was very bouncy and every ding was felt! I gave the buyer the old springs and just gave him a heads up on how harsh the ride is, but that's what he wants apperently.

New wagon, sold the sts yesterday

Dealer was offering some bs amount so I sold it as a private owner. The guy got the og 17in wheel, original grille and the springs

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, picked it up today

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Personal most unbiased opinion? Don't do it! If your car is sitting right, there is no need for it. My tires where low profiles and stretched which made the gap ridiculously large. Even after the drop it still didn't take it out like I wanted.

You will feel every bump on the road, I drove from charlotte to Wilmington nc to purchase my wagon and that was the roughest ride I've ever experienced in the 3 years I owned the sts. The car was very bouncy and every ding was felt! I gave the buyer the old springs and just gave him a heads up on how harsh the ride is, but that's what he wants apperently.

New wagon, sold the sts yesterday

Dealer was offering some bs amount so I sold it as a private owner. The guy got the og 17in wheel, original grille and the springs
I will second his opinion. I bought my STSV with lowering springs in it. I did not realize it when I got it and test drive was in a place that had very smooth roads, it just felt stiff. Once I got her home to my local rougher roads I could not stand the ride. The suspension was hitting bumpstops ALL the time, every bump it seemed. I found a set of low mile stock springs and put them in. LOVE the ride (for my V), corners just as flat as it did with lowering ones and the ride is comfortable now.

NICE WAGON!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts