Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather looks like it might be good to show up at Baker's in Milford (just south of the GM Proving Grounds) this Sunday, May 3rd. Cars start showing up in the morning as early as 10 am. Personally, I won't be there till about 12:45.

For those who haven't been there, watch the pics on their website as they change, and you'll see a typical Sunday in their parking lot.

http://www.bakersofmilford.com/

A friend of mine has an SRT8 and may try to get the local SRT8 guys to come, too. I believe it was JD03Cobra who said his buddy with a Challenger might tag along.

So, here's who I have who might be able to come:
1. MescalVto
2. Den_93
3. JC03Cobra
4. ronr
5. Bigron
6. GMBOUND
7. Commander112
8. SlothV
9. Tmac11
10. your maker (Windsor)
11. ROG (Toledo)
12. lollygagger8 (Fort Wayne)

Who did I forget?

So, bring a lawn chair. Bring the family. Baker's is a nice, reasonably-priced restaurant with a bar for those who might want to eat or get a beer/whatever. It's low key and family oriented, plus there should be A LOT of cars. And, it's FREE!

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
Sounds like a great time! I'm planning on being there!

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
288 Posts
I should be able to make it around 1:00pm (after picking up my little guy from Sunday school) and likely can stay for at least an hour or two . . . just need to smooth it over with the spouse . . .

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
288 Posts
Anybody know what time this Sunday @ Baker's thing is officially supposed to start at? I think they were just starting to get really crowded when I left last time we went last summer at around 2:30 . . .

Hey, trying to find the time i accidentally bumped into this:

http://www.mhraonline.org/09Flyer.pdf

It looks like there is a car show and swap meet the same day at the GM tech center . . .

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
I might be able to make it right about the time Jenny allows them to sell BEER!. Won't be there for too long but would like to see the V group.

Mark

·
14,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Commander, if you're there at noon, you gotta stick around for Bigron who might be the latest guy there (~1:30?). I can stick around till around 3-ish or so; that's when my 6-1/2 year old will have his fill. Also, I'll try to remember to bring my digital camera so we can record the event (and make the guys who couldn't be there feel REAL bad :thepan:).

Normally, the official starting time each Sunday is 2 pm, but if you wait till then the place will already be hopping. People line the one-block-long little road coming in sitting in lawn chairs under the trees and watch the cars entering ... it's a good vantage point. Personally, I like the totally bad-ass Mopars from the '60s. They look and sound like complete beasts.

Okay, I'm getting geeked. Still have to hear from a few of you. Anybody else gonna be in the area, c'mon by. :thumbsup:

Oh, lastly, you have to be careful as you exit the place as the cops keep a lid on things. Did I tell anyone that I went to high school with Milford's chief of police? :shhh:

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
Have you thought about posting this in the other V forums? If I did not receive your PM I would have never known about this. I am pretty much over in the 09-??? forum now.

·
14,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1. MescalVto
2. Den_93
3. JC03Cobra
4. ronr
5. Bigron
6. GMBOUND
7. Commander112
8. SlothV
9. Tmac11
10. your maker (Windsor)
11. ROG (Toledo)
12. lollygagger8 (Fort Wayne)
Here's an update:
1. MescalVto: Yes
2. Den_93: ?
3. JC03Cobra: Yes w/buddy in his Challenger
4. ronr: ?
5. Bigron: Yes
6. GMBOUND: ?
7. Commander112: Yes
8. SlothV: ?
9. Tmac11: Maybe (needs to get a new diff)
10. your maker: Yes w/buddy in his '72 SS Chevy
11. ROG: ?
12. lollygagger8: No

·
Registered
2011 CTS V
316 Posts
I got something going at 1:00 that I am trying to get out of. I am a maybe.

·
14,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's hoping you get out of whatever it is, and you make it there. :thumbsup:

Weather still projected to be near ideal ... mostly sunny mid 60s.

Oh, btw, I forgot me:

13: rand49er: Yes w/buddy in his SRT8

·
Registered
2011 CTS V
316 Posts
I will be there at 12:45 with the family.

·
Registered
Redline CTS-V (sniffle)
176 Posts
I lived in that craphole Milford for 23 years. The week I move 2100 miles away I buy a V and all y'all start gathering at Bakers. Irony's a B!tch.

·
14,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I lived in that craphole Milford for 23 years. The week I move 2100 miles away I buy a V and all y'all start gathering at Bakers. Irony's a B!tch.
If you start driving tomorrow morning, you could make it easily by noon on Sunday. :rolleyes:

Milford's a nice town. How do you like NV?

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
Randy - I'm bringing my daughters (ages 5,7,& 8) so i'm sure they will play good with your son if you bring him. Not sure if my buddy is coming or not with his Dodge.

And yes, Milford is a beautiful town. Craphole is Detroit.

·
14,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Randy - I'm bringing my daughters (ages 5,7,& 8) so i'm sure they will play good with your son if you bring him. Not sure if my buddy is coming or not with his Dodge.

And yes, Milford is a beautiful town. Craphole is Detroit.
Yeah, I'll have my son (6-1/2), and he'll be moaning about being there the whole time. Having your daughters there will make it a bunch easier for him. S'pose they don't like Pokemon cards, do they? (j/k)

Milford > Detroit >>> NV

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
945 Posts
I should be there a little later. Church gets out around 12:30, then get some food, probably roll in sometime after 2.

Got the brakes on last weekend. Hopefully I get the rims done on Saturday.

·
14,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ron, you could eat at Baker's. I've got a $5 off coupon I'll give you. You have to purchase $20 or more, though. Kids were selling the booklets around here as a fundraiser, and my wife and I won't be using it. In fact, I've got two of them, and I'll bring them both for anybody who wants to use them.

Hope to start washing and waxing and vaccuming the V tomorrow. She could use a little sprucing up.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts