Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Lux, 2019 Genesis G70
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been noticing lately that when I have to move the driver's seat from my wife's position to mine, there is a mechanical grinding sound as the seat moves back and the seat back tilts back. Took the car in and before the SA wrote up the ticket, he sat in the car to verify the grinding sound. And, indeed, he heard the sound. However, once the car was with the tech, they couldn't reproduce the sound. I was called into the dealership to also try to get the seat to sound off, but was unsuccessful. The seat moved without making any undue sounds. Either the seat gremlins left town, or this issue became an intermittent problem. I have taken the car back and was told to bring it in the next time the unwanted sound arose. OK with me as I am fully aware of how difficult some "intermittent" problems can be to solve. Nonetheless, any ideas as to what may be happening?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you may have found those missing glasses of yours....:histeric:
Actually, RustyB, when they did take a look-see under the seat, they did find a single unmarked almond. But, my glasses are still missing...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait you let people eat food in your Cadi???? :rant2:
Only almonds....

BTW, was able to reproduce the grinding sound when I got home, of course. Sound occurs when the seat is left in position 2 (seating for my wife)-a forward position, and I get in the car and have the seat move back into my position. I'll bring the car in when the dealer has the new roof switch to install-another week or two.

C

·
0 Posts
Mine do the same along with other stuff, Anymore I am glad it is a lease and will let the next owner worry about it while they think they got a good deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts