Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! I have a 1977 Eldorado that has some "issues". Mostly minor electrical stuff (cruise control doesn't engage, power locks not working, etc.), but the big thing appears to be the AC. A referral from my "regular" mechanic resulted in "we can't find the parts". Is there ANYONE within 60-70 miles of Myrtle Beach who can assist? Thanks...

·
Registered
1985 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible, Sable Black, HT4100
1,000 Posts
Eldog,
Since nobody more knowledgable has bitten on your post yet… even in DC I often have to mail-order parts and drop them off with the car at the garage. I use Rock Auto for most things, and I got a used replacement wiper dash switch on eBay for $20. Rock Auto has a replacement cruise control switch for your Eldo (if that is indeed the problem) for $10.

I fixed my non-functional power locks by pulling the switches out of the door and cleaning them with contact cleaner and reconnecting them more securely. That's all it took for my 85.

Check your fuses? I'm learning that troubleshooting minor electrical stuff is often just basic multimeter testing and time.

You should get the Cadillac "Factory service manual" for your car if you don't have one yet. Lots of troubleshooting is simple. Although lots isn't too…

Have you searched this forum for posts about fixing/replacing the AC system? I think that's a fairly common issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts