Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the MB Owners getting all snooty at me posting how biased the Top Gear review of the CTS-V was. Funny as hell.:thepan:

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
When I engage in these battles it's usually my frustrations with the car manufacturer coming through, ala my rant about the positioning of the STS-V as a luxo-cruiser with some power vs. a segment killer with the biggest stick and the smallest sticker. Pitting the CTS-V against MB and BMW will always raise someone's ire. We'll claim that ours is faster on the track and cheaper and they'll claim heritage, resale value, build quality, styling, etc. It's a no win situation. I can tell you that very few enthusiasts looking to buy a $90K E55 or the new M5 will be disuaded by driving the V unless that $90K gives them pause. If you're going to spend $90K and want to comfortably seat 4 the CTS-V is NOT even on your radar screen. And now sadly I must add either will the STS-V.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
cruzajc1 said:
Check out the MB Owners getting all snooty at me posting how biased the Top Gear review of the CTS-V was. Funny as hell.:thepan:
Your trolling over there big time. The review was not biased and every argument over at the MB forums and the review on Top Gear were valid not biased. The only thing funny about that thread is you being the only person over there who thinks its biased while everyone else is pointing stuff out about the review and you come back with "can't you see the European bias in the review?" or something along those lines.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your right I have been trolling, Hello my friend...Trolling is fun, besides it 1:17 am in the morning here and I am tired. When I get back to the US, I'm thinking of picking off an 04 CTS-V. The review was obviously biased, but of course I won't get anyone to agree in the MB forum. i troll there as my brother has a MB and my Caddy spanks it.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hell, I wish :
Gm/Caddie would fix the wheel hop
add a better exhaust (maybe a corsa)
fix the clunking
fix the shifter
give us a hand brake
refine the interior overall (blue tooth & IPOD would be nice without the aftermarket)
All of that should be standard.

I love my V but would love to see the extra effort put into a 50K car.
Not much wrong with what's being dicussed at the MB forum. Why start a beef with them anyway?:thepan:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Trolling...is that when you don't have the vehicle that the forum is dedicated to and you still visit and post based on no real experience?????

Trolling...now that's funny.

·
Registered
895 Posts
We have plenty of trolls here also, just from Cadillac non ************. There was a recent post by a non CTS V owner that got 108 hits but no replies. His comments were only intended to irritate V owners. IMO, it should have been just deleted.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Dave's V said:
We have plenty of trolls here also, just from Cadillac non ************. There was a recent post by a non CTS V owner that got 108 hits but no replies. His comments were only intended to irritate V owners. IMO, it should have been just deleted.
lol.......ok

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
So lemme get this straight......its ok to troll over at the MB forums and you guys don't own the car that the forum is dedicated to but when someone over on this forum who doesn't own a CTS-V makes a comment about one they are considered a troll and shoulnd't be aloud on here. You guys make a lot of sense. You really do:bigroll:

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I think the MB guys handled themselves just fine. Overall, the thread reads like a troll being squished. End of story.
The CTS-V is a great car for what it is. The problem with any car is when owners try to make it out to be more than it is, arguements start. Face it, most guys have an ego and want to proclaim that what they have is the best, the fastest, the whatever.....
Unfortunately, for the most part, those guys seldom do little more than bench-race on internet forums. To them I say "Get a Life", to the others, the guys that actually DO get to know their cars by putting them on the track, and experiencing the actual greatness that is in their cars, I salute you. IMO, cars were meant to be DRIVEN not just bragged about. Let your car and your time slip do the talking for you. Know that you're actually having a blast while others merely talk about it.
PS: I am puzzled why you posted about an Audi on a MB forum. :hmm:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Everyone has different tastes. Some people get very offended about their possessions as if you are attacking them personally. It is an object, made by humans and will all have issues. Even the MB and BMW’s that you pay a premium for have multiple issues. My brother has an E500 and the tranny has been replaced twice. The 7 series BMW’s all have electronic problems. And I could go on. Bottom line is all cars have issues and they all suck. It just depends how much money you want to put into the street and blow on a depreciating asset. Or in the case of that ahole with the 1 million plus car collection (which I doubt anyway) needs these vehicles to prove to himself and the world that he is important and he has to degrade any other choice that isn’t his own.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Blackout said:
So lemme get this straight......its ok to troll over at the MB forums and you guys don't own the car that the forum is dedicated to but when someone over on this forum who doesn't own a CTS-V makes a comment about one they are considered a troll and shoulnd't be aloud on here. You guys make a lot of sense. You really do:bigroll:
Oh jeez, are you back again? And still missing the point. The issue isn't just whether or not you own the car that the forum is deicated to, it is also whether or not you own one of the cars relevant to the discussion in the thread.

We have many owners of Audis, SRT-8s, Bimmers, etc. come to our board to compare notes and experiences and if they don't come off as abusive, they are generally welcomed in a friendly manner. Those who arrive with the "My car is great, yours sucks" attitude get flamed, as would be expected in any forum.

Trolls, such as yourself, own no vehicle of interest to the boards they troll, and simply surf the forums, living vicariously through the experiences of others and car reviews in various magazines. Some, such as yourself, take it even farther by deluding themselves into believing that they are automotive experts. They patrol the boards spewing "opinions," playing devil's advocate and/or being generally annoying.

Three words: Get a life.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Blackout said:
I hope that was not directed at me because I have been a member of MBWorld longer than I have here and do own a MB (I hate the internet, you never know who is saying what and how they mean it). It was senseless to compare the E55 to CTS-V because they are in two different classes altogether. The C55 and CTS-V are in the same class with respect to performance and price. Like I stated on the MB forum, I would pick the CTS-V over the C55 because of the modification potential and most of all the manual transmission. There is a reason why I have not bought a newer MB to replace my 1998 w140.. the quality is just not the same. I truly believe Cadillac has built an exceptional machine with the CTS-V and it can truly be compared to the European counterparts.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
crowan said:
Oh jeez, are you back again? And still missing the point. The issue isn't just whether or not you own the car that the forum is deicated to, it is also whether or not you own one of the cars relevant to the discussion in the thread.

We have many owners of Audis, SRT-8s, Bimmers, etc. come to our board to compare notes and experiences and if they don't come off as abusive, they are generally welcomed in a friendly manner. Those who arrive with the "My car is great, yours sucks" attitude get flamed, as would be expected in any forum.

Trolls, such as yourself, own no vehicle of interest to the boards they troll, and simply surf the forums, living vicariously through the experiences of others and car reviews in various magazines. Some, such as yourself, take it even farther by deluding themselves into believing that they are automotive experts. They patrol the boards spewing "opinions," playing devil's advocate and/or being generally annoying.

Three words: Get a life.
Why am I not surprised that you went after me in this thread. I think you need to pratice what you preach, GET A LIFE! As for me being a troll......how so? Can you show me something from this thread that show's me flaming the CTS-V or the owners of CTS-V's? I think in this instance your being the troll by trying to bait me into a big argument by once again trying to poke fun of the car that I had. You need to come back down to reality because I have no idea as to where you come off as some know it all and some sorta e-thug

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Leloz said:
I hope that was not directed at me because I have been a member of MBWorld longer than I have here and do own a MB (I hate the internet, you never know who is saying what and how they mean it). It was senseless to compare the E55 to CTS-V because they are in two different classes altogether. The C55 and CTS-V are in the same class with respect to performance and price. Like I stated on the MB forum, I would pick the CTS-V over the C55 because of the modification potential and most of all the manual transmission. There is a reason why I have not bought a newer MB to replace my 1998 w140.. the quality is just not the same. I truly believe Cadillac has built an exceptional machine with the CTS-V and it can truly be compared to the European counterparts.
My post wasn't directed towards you. You actually seem to have a brain unlike crowan. But when me and Katshot went to Englishtwon this weekend there was a guy there with a C55 AMG and I have no idea as to what he was doing but he ran a 14.1 or something like that. I hope he messed up something because if thats what to expect from those things you can color me unimpressed

·
Registered
753 Posts
Blackout said:
Why am I not surprised that you went after me in this thread. I think you need to pratice what you preach, GET A LIFE! As for me being a troll......how so? Can you show me something from this thread that show's me flaming the CTS-V or the owners of CTS-V's? I think in this instance your being the troll by trying to bait me into a big argument by once again trying to poke fun of the car that I had. You need to come back down to reality because I have no idea as to where you come off as some know it all and some sorta e-thug
You are totally clueless. This isn't about the car you own. This is about the fact that you lurk on multiple boards, tossing out critical opinions on cars you don't own, have never owned, and may never own. Anyone can pull opinions out of thin air, but what's the point? For example, do you think anyone on this board wants to hear why you think an S4 or an SRT-8 is better than a V, or whether you are "unimpressed" with the C55, when you own none of the cars involved? Who are you?

Personally, I enjoy hearing from owners of other performance cars because their personal experiences can be very valuable and entertaining; much more so than a Car&Driver article. But your uninformed musings are just empty calories, like cotton candy.

CR aka "e-thug":histeric:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
About this Discussion
74 Replies
18 Participants
Katshot