Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,845 Posts
4 door coupes, let me add another nice 4 door coupe to the first introduction post by lord cadillac: Porsche Panamera

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,644 Posts
Yeah but Ben, I thought you said nice 4 door coupe? The Panamera looks like ass to me. Bleh. I've seen a few in person and it still doesn't do it for me. Whenever I see them I think I grow to hate them even MORE.

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,845 Posts
Yes, the shape is not elegant at all... nice just because it is a Porsche! Frankly speaking all 4 door coupes look odd for me!

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,644 Posts
See, that's not enough for me. The Porsche badge doesn't mean a thing to me. It's a car like any other. In South Florida especially, I feel Porsche is nothing but a watered down brand for soccer moms and posers. You don't see 911's or the good ones - only the Cayennes and Caymans.

And besides, all the 911's are virtually the same now. It's a joke. They're just putting out cars and people are buying them because they're 911's. I don't even give them a second look.

Back on topic though.... To me, four door coupes are just a fad that will go on until somebody has the balls to design a proper sedan at a reasonable price that looks good and people will go "Holy shit, I forgot there was such a thing as rear headroom!"

·
Registered
19,644 Posts
Yep. Instead we get stuck with these ugly machines (the Mazda effort excluded, but we both know that won't see the light of day).

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
See, that's not enough for me. The Porsche badge doesn't mean a thing to me. It's a car like any other. In South Florida especially, I feel Porsche is nothing but a watered down brand for soccer moms and posers. You don't see 911's or the good ones - only the Cayennes and Caymans.

And besides, all the 911's are virtually the same now. It's a joke. They're just putting out cars and people are buying them because they're 911's. I don't even give them a second look.
Cars like the Cayenne exist (the mid engined Cayman shouldn't be lumped in the same class as an SUV) so Porsche can bring us badass new things like the GT2 RS.

The 911 today can be whatever Porsche wants it to be. GT based, easy to drive, and quicker to 50mph than a Veyron (Turbo S) or raw, mechanical, and challenging to drive (GT3 RS). The evolution of the 911 is no longer relevant because Porsche already got the formula right.

·
Registered
19,644 Posts
I lump them together because around where I'm from - they're all over.

Sal can attest, I'm sure.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
I hope Cadillac realises that "four door coupes" are passe. Actually they were already aging when the Mercedes CLS came out. I personally like coupes, but they have to stick to the long hood short rear deck configuration and justify their less than stekllar rear seat access by being sporty and really sexy looking. The CTS coupe certainly doesn't meet this criteria and I doubt a four door coupe from Cadillac would meet it either.

·
Registered
19,644 Posts
I like the CTS coupe. It's not traditional-coupe sexy, but it's still a nice design.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
This seems to be more of a fad than anything else, and truth be told I'm OK with Cadillac not chasing after every single fad, so long as the core vehicle types are represented. Right now I'd be much more interested in seeing a CTS hardtop convertible come to fruition... especially given the popularity of the IS and G37 verts (I use those as examples since they both started as simple sedans with no coupe version), and the exit of the XLR.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I thought the CLS was pretty badass when it came out, and every girl I knew then really thought it was sexy, so to me, the four door coupes were great chick magnets. But now, after the trend is spreading like wildfire, I'm getting kinda sick of seeing them and really would like to get back to the formal three box profile sometime.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
This four-door coupe thing may just be a fad - but maybe not. If not, then it'll be just another area Cadillac lagged behind. I have to imagine somebody at Cadillac has been working on a design. It would be odd for something like this to be completely ignored. The fact that basically everyone is jumping on the bandwagon has to account for something...

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
This new trend seems to getting more high ranking I dunno but it's like classic non pillar 4 door sedans ,I don't think Cadillac should make such rides for the sake of others are making it

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
This four-door coupe thing may just be a fad - but maybe not. If not, then it'll be just another area Cadillac lagged behind. I have to imagine somebody at Cadillac has been working on a design. It would be odd for something like this to be completely ignored. The fact that basically everyone is jumping on the bandwagon has to account for something...
I agree, but lets get the basics out of the way first... like that full sized entry so direly missing.

·
Registered
2004 CTS
239 Posts
The swoopy roof look would be difficult to integrate with the "Art & Science" theme, which favors straight lines.
I think it could work. Take a CTS sedan, put a few more inches in between the front and rear wheels, and give it the sloping rear roofline of the CTS coupe...boom, Cadillac 4-door coupe. And it would be a hell of a lot cooler than the humdrum XTS.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts