Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pretty soon everybody's going to have one.. Any thoughts? Can anybody Photoshop a nice design?

I've run out of space for images in this post. But I think you get the idea. The 2011 Kia Optima will be added on page two...

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
"four door coupe" is a contradiction as the definition of coupe is "a 2-door automobile often seating only two persons; also : one with a tight-spaced rear seat."

A Sports Sedan is a four door vehicle, which is made to look or feel sporty.

Cadillac calls the CTS-V Wagon a Sports Wagon

And most online car re-view sites call the CTS-V Sedan a Sports Car

So I would say that Cadillac already has a four door coupe.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
I don't particularly care for the design, as I find it hard to get in and out of the back seat. I'm glad Cadillac hasn't jumped on this bandwagon.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
IF they could do it right and there's business sense behind it, I'd be all for it.

The swoopy roof look would be difficult to integrate with the "Art & Science" theme, which favors straight lines.

Not to mention I think Cadillac has its hands full trying to get the XTS and ATS to market...

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
^Perfect for the professional with a lot of short friends, who he needs to keep in line.

I still don't see the appeal...

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adding Audi's A7 to the list now... Some people will like it, some people won't. Some people don't like the Rolls Royce Phantom. To each his/her own. All I know is, Cadillac will wait until this is old news to make a move...

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Adding Audi's A7 to the list now... Some people will like it, some people won't. Some people don't like the Rolls Royce Phantom. To each his/her own. All I know is, Cadillac will wait until this is old news to make a move...
By the time they got anything to market the trend would be old news, yes. A couple of the cars you have pictured have the styling pulled off well. Namely the 7 Series and the CC. I don't like the MB or the Sonata. I would rather see Cadillac get the ATS and XTS to market and have them executed well.

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the time they got anything to market the trend would be old news, yes. A couple of the cars you have pictured have the styling pulled off well. Namely the 7 Series and the CC. I don't like the MB or the Sonata. I would rather see Cadillac get the ATS and XTS to market and have them executed well.
I completely agree on the ATS and XTS. I just dislike how Cadillac is always behind the curve. It makes me feel stupid as an American because Cadillac is the best we've got. Mercedes did it and the majority of people are impressed.. Volkswagen said, "F! it! Let me give it a shot too!" and it worked. BMW followed, Hyundai followed... And now Audi has followed. Who knows how many more companies are following and will have something to market before Cadillac? It annoys me.

Same goes for the X6. I like the X6. If you've ever heard about a guy who liked the X6, they were referring to me. I'm the the guy. But it works - and you will see that it works.. The more Toyota Venzas and Honda Crosstours you see on the road, the more you'll realize (if you don't already) that the Crossover Wagon is going to become very, very popular on the road. Watch... The Acura ZDX is ugly as anything I've ever seen - but that's not saying anything against the Crossover wagon segment itself. Oh and don't forget the BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo. That probably pulls it off better than any of 'em...

I bet you'll see every automotive manufacturer (that matters) with a Four Door Coupe and a Crossover Wagon in a few years... Let's see if Cadillac matters by then.

</anger>

·
Registered
19,621 Posts
Personally, I hate both of these segments. The four door coupes look long, silly, and stupid. And crossovers are just lost and confused. Too big to be cars, and too small to be trucks.

Stupid stupid, stupid.

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A lot of people think that huge full-size SUVs like the Cadillac Escalade ESV are stupid. Where would Cadillac be, though, without it? The CTS couldn't have kept Cadillac alive by itself. Who knows? Cadillac could have been on the chopping block without it.

Personally, I hate both of these segments. The four door coupes look long, silly, and stupid. And crossovers are just lost and confused. Too big to be cars, and too small to be trucks.

Stupid stupid, stupid.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I don't think it really matters what Cadillac does or doesn't do to keep up with market trends. Nothing they make today will be on the road in 20 years.

Sports cars don't hold their value; after only 3 years of ownership, your $40,000 car is only worth $15,000 retail/ $10,000 private party sale. Combine that with obsolete electronics, failing (poorly constructed) high-priced parts, and the tendency of people to only want the most current in navigation, stability control, radio, and other technologies, and after 10 years, you'll be left with a vehicle that no one wants.

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
A lot of people think that huge full-size SUVs like the Cadillac Escalade ESV are stupid. Where would Cadillac be, though, without it? The CTS couldn't have kept Cadillac alive by itself. Who knows? Cadillac could have been on the chopping block without it.
And 'Roo -- most people think that a B Body wagon is an incomprehensible purchase......not that I agree w/them...

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And now I'm adding the Mazda Shinari to the list...

Mazda has shocked the automotive world today by unveiling the stunning new Shinari four-door coupe concept car at an exclusive event in Milan, Italy. The latest concept is the result of a collaboration between Mazda’s design studios in Germany, the U.S. and Japan and previews the automaker’s future design language. The new design language has been labeled ‘Kodo’, the Japanese word for soul of motion. Key design elements include the aluminum signature wing and the sculpted body. Read more...

Eventually, Cadillac WILL have one of these - and they're going to be very, very late to the party... Either they're going to have one, or they're going to be the only company without one...

·
Registered
19,621 Posts
Okay, I saw the fully gallery of the Shinari at autoblog, and I gotta say, I'm in love. I want it. Right now. In my pants.

Erm... driveway.

:lol:

(But seriously, it's hot.)

·
Registered
19,621 Posts
The Mazda is beautiful. I would drive that. The Kia looks hideous, and doesn't really look like a four-door coupe anyway.

And we all know the MKR will never see the light of day anyway, so it's a moot point.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts