Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 deville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1997 deville with the regular window switches, i saw a switch on ebay that is just like mine but it also has the memory buttons, they say its for a 1997, if i bought this would it work so i could add the memory option or is their more to it then that. can anyone tell me?

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac deville sedan 1986 cadillac deville RIP
1,498 Posts
it depends if the bottom of the switch looks the same like urs but if you dont have the wire there to perform a function your just gonna have a switch that does nothing

·
Registered
1997 deville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i wondered about that. i guess i was thinking mabey they wire the car at the factory for options even if their not installed, i saw wires in the trunk for the disk changer even though it doesnt have one,

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac deville sedan 1986 cadillac deville RIP
1,498 Posts
Yeah so if you want it to work you have to add the actual thing the switch goes to . You might have to add the wiring two

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
The whole power seat track is different in that a memory module and related wiring is added under the seat on this track. So the switch will not power a memory because no module and wiring exist on your car!!

·
Registered
1997 deville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks for the heads up. i ordered a factory service manual so i dont have to ask these kinda questions i can just look for myself lol. but it is handy having guys out here that know. i also just started a thread on the anti theft problem i am having so if ya guys get around to it and see it mabey ya can help with that issue as well,. lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts