Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought that Mary Kay only gave DTS variants to it's sellers. Does anyone have any information on the Mary Kay STS?

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
985 Posts
Do a search, I remember reading a post about the reward structure for Mary Kay. Something about National Sales Directors being allowed to pick any Cadillac that wasn't a V... and getting $2500 to spend on dealer options.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
I undertand that all the MK cars are leased and must be returned to GM and repainted before being put on the used market.

·
Registered
06 STS-1SG-ACC/HUD-Volant CAI-Corsa Exh-Mesh Grill-ClearBra
517 Posts
There is a full thread on it back aways during the 05 release as I recall.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I have seen Mary Kay SRX, DTS and XLR.
Not sure of the details.
We have a few of them go through from time to time.

·
Registered
05 STS V8 1SG with ACC, 99 STS (Sold), 06 CL500 (Wifes)
960 Posts
I have seen a DTS. When I first saw it, I was like WTF is wrong with that one!
I just seems sort of stupid.

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Yep, I've seen them.

Actually, the last Mary Kay car I saw was a fully decked out '05/06 STS V8 1SG package. I was rounding a corner on a local back road when all of a sudden a shimmering new STS caught my eye waiting to turn on, which also happened to be the new Mary Kay pearl pink shade. Definitely not overtly pink, and looked really cool.

And yes, from what's been discussed here, DTS's are the common car, but those on the even higher echelon get a choice of Cadillac...hence, the case here.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I undertand that all the MK cars are leased and must be returned to GM and repainted before being put on the used market.
So that is why I see only a handful of them--and especially no older ones. What happens with any that are in an accident and end up at auction??? Certainly, that has happened--especially with female drivers.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
There have been reports of a number slipping by. There may also be people who actually asked a bodyshop to recreate the color just because they like pink.

Not only are they women drivers, they are often distracted women drivers trying to do business behind the wheel. Probably a good idea to give them a wide berth on the road.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
What the Mary K rewards program indicates is that the customers are getting skinned by paying high prices in a pyramid marketing scheme that has lots of excess profits to spread around. It's the American dream in action. Sell overpriced luxury items to customers that have more money than good sense.

·
Registered
2006 STS 3.6 AWD
1,005 Posts
What the Mary K rewards program indicates is that the customers are getting skinned by paying high prices in a pyramid marketing scheme that has lots of excess profits to spread around. It's the American dream in action. Sell overpriced luxury items to customers that have more money than good sense.

.... hmmm ... are you referring to makeup or automobiles?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts