Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
05CTS V
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my engine today and noticed that my CAI came loose at the MAP boot joint. Noted that the power steering pulley had eaten away at the MAP sensor connector (not the MAP sensor module). Question has this happened to anyone and is there a way to buy the connector without having to purchase the complete harness?? I did not throw a trouble code so there must be some connectivity although copper is exposed from the wear on the wires.... :confused:

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Im pretty sure the maggie kit comes with one so you can extend it. Ill see if i can find the part #

Have any pics? Isnt the map sensor at the back of the intake manifold, far from the pulleys? I know you said something about the CAI... A pic would help...

·
Registered
05CTS V
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good catch: I meant the MAF electrical snap connector which snaps into the MAF module at the point it connects to the K&N filter (CAI).....if they make an extension that would be ideal.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
So the extension is apparently just for 2 of the wires, not all of them... I would think the dealer could get you one, surely it's happened before. Can you not just cut/splice a nre wire in there? or did it mess up a lot of them? When putting mine back to stock i had to solder the wires back together, sucked because they were pretty short. Seem fine so far though...

·
Registered
05CTS V
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It cut into the connector pretty bad so I need to replace it but the damage was done near the connector attachments; if I get the connector at the dealer I can splice them together. thanks alot for your time to address this issue.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
I had that exact thing happen to me.

Lindsay, replaced the end clip on the wire. The MAF connection had just some mild abrasions on it, so it was fine. I was also not throwing any codes.

Gotta watch those CAI's, untill you find that sweet spot for connectivity (i.e. tight enough to stay put, but not too tight to pop loose easily).

I check mine at every fillup, just to make sure I have no unfiltered air going in. I have an LPE, and one 'trick' I've found to hlep keep things connected up, is to loosen the bolt that connects the 'airbox' plastic to the car. This allows the entire CAI tube to move a bit laterally with the engine, when you get that torque movement. If' it's to tight, the engine, moves, and pops a CAI connection loose.

-Chris

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Try an AC Delco number PT1274
15306113 should be the GM part number.

If you can save the wiring transfer the wires to the new connector body, that way you preserve your wire colors and you don't have to splice the harness with connections that could potentially cause problems later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts