Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 1993 Deville 4.9, 1991 Eldorado Touring Coupe
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of nothing to do, Decided to check DTC`s on the Eldo and got an E31 (MAP sensor circuit fault (short) ) In History. Never had any drivability issues, Car is running as best its ever been and i never saw any SES dash lights. Curious as to why this would set? The E31 code specifies a SHORT unlike other codes related to the MAP sensor which indicate OPEN, Circuit fault or Out of range or MAP sensor itself. Thoughts?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,270 Posts
Just out of nothing to do, Decided to check DTC`s on the Eldo and got an E31 (MAP sensor circuit fault (short) ) In History. Never had any drivability issues, Car is running as best its ever been and i never saw any SES dash lights. Curious as to why this would set? The E31 code specifies a SHORT unlike other codes related to the MAP sensor which indicate OPEN, Circuit fault or Out of range or MAP sensor itself. Thoughts?
==========================
it could have been a momentary BLIP in the system -

a "current" code goes to "history" when the problem goes away -

I would simply clear it -
and worry about if it returns as a current code -

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
That's the main problem with checking codes for no reason. Anything "history" needs to be erased. Only check current codes. Chill out, erase the old code, have a beer!

·
Registered
Cadillac 1993 Deville 4.9, 1991 Eldorado Touring Coupe
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...was not overly worried about it..... But a beer sounds good!

·
Registered
Esv
2 Posts
Brought one and found out that they change and add some different things to the 2015 ESV and when I call Cadillac their answer was if I do not like the one I got trade it in and buy the newer version. Go not know how anyone else feel but you do not give a loyal customer an answer like that. uts a slip in the face to all who brought a 2015 ESV and then they change it without letting you know they was doing that before you brought one. So after you spend your money they don't care you brought it so deal with it.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,270 Posts
Brought one and found out that they change and add some different things to the 2015 ESV and when I call Cadillac their answer was if I do not like the one I got trade it in and buy the newer version. Go not know how anyone else feel but you do not give a loyal customer an answer like that. uts a slip in the face to all who brought a 2015 ESV and then they change it without letting you know they was doing that before you brought one. So after you spend your money they don't care you brought it so deal with it.
===================
RIGHT - whatever you say -
have another beer - :alchi:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts