Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 started giving me the "MAP DVD READ ERROR" and no longer works. I've read other threads on it potentially be a read laser issue or something but one question I had was if I put a non-map disc in the navigation slot it will give an error message that it is not a nav map disc. So since it is able to detect the difference would this likely be more of a problem with the disc than the player?

-KRIDER

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade
41 Posts
Check the disc first if it is scratched then that is your culprit. However there are many threads in here about how a dirty lens can cause the error as well. It can be either or.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade ESV AWD
228 Posts
My 2008 started giving me the "MAP DVD READ ERROR" and no longer works. I've read other threads on it potentially be a read laser issue or something but one question I had was if I put a non-map disc in the navigation slot it will give an error message that it is not a nav map disc. So since it is able to detect the difference would this likely be more of a problem with the disc than the player?

-KRIDER
KRIDER,
That's exactly the issue I was having. After trying to clean the lens with a disc cleaner(which didn't correct my problem) I ended up replacing the disc reader and now it works perfectly.

-John

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/PLDS-DVD-M3-5-navigation-loader-for-Fo-rd-Mon-deo-B-WM-E90-E60-MK4/2040158593.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts