Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys use sport shift daily on your STS-V? I have had the feature in many cars but never used it too much. I sometimes use it for engine braking but thats about it. Can/Should it be used for everyday driving? I always feel like I am going to damage it by shifting manually.

Also is it best to shift up and down while pressing the gas or should I let off the gas during each shift?

Chris

·
Registered
2014 AWD 2.0 Obsession Red --Black 2007 STS-V
133 Posts
foot to firewall...shift whenever you feel like it.

F
Better make that shifter move about 500 rpm before you really want the shift if your foot is on the floor.:(
Hitting the rev limiter is a :banghead:

·
Registered
2014 AWD 2.0 Obsession Red --Black 2007 STS-V
133 Posts
Get a Handheld tuner and just about kiss the problem goodbye!
:bouncy:
Thats what i've been hoping to hear.
I have the W4M ECU, but I guess its time to get the handheld.
Can this handheld unit be used for any other application?

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
:bouncy:
Thats what i've been hoping to hear.
I have the W4M ECU, but I guess its time to get the handheld.
Can this handheld unit be used for any other application?
ab-so-freakin-lootely!

all sorts of fun games to play.....

F

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay thanks I will have no more concerns using it.

·
Registered
STS-V
79 Posts
Sport mode puts the trans in "Performance" setting and changing the gears puts the trans in TUTD setting. Performance setting (and probably TUTD as well) likely uses 'harsher' line pressure. Not harsh in reference to the trans itself, but rather the shift feel.. Better put, the trans slips less in this mode.. which means its better than D.

Now that I look at it.. The shift pressure is only changing beginning with 3-4 shift. There are two sets of shift pressure tables used.. Pattern X and Pattern Y. Pattern X is 'normal' and 'cruise' and Pattern Y is for TUTD and Performance (which is sport and manual).

On the 4-5 shift, pattern X seems to use more line pressure than pattern Y. However, there could be modifiers which I am overlooking.

There appears to be no different on the converter lock up tables either.

The 1-2 shift RPM is raised to 6400 (from 6300) when using sport mode. Yet the shift MPH.. is not. The part throttle shifts don't appear to be any different as well.. I think I might be wrong about that tho, they SEEM to occur later.. As in, sport carries out 1st gear more than regular..

Anyways, they put sport and manumatic there for a reason.. Its all good to use it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts