Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to do a burnout in my v-sport in regular auto mode and it would shift to second. I though I’ll do it in manual mode and it should hold out longer till i shifted with the paddles. Nope it shifts into second on it’s own still. Why is this? Also how is it that no tuners say you can access the Tcm but trifecta claims they have. Do they really have access?

·
Registered
2015 Phantom CTS Vsport
524 Posts
Yes it will always shift into 2nd on its own to protect itself at redline. Do a burnout and don’t get it that high. You gotta modulate. Or go into second and keep the power in.

It seems that Trifecta does but only they will truly know. It doesn’t matter too much because Schmidty tuning is able to make plenty of power without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Authorized Vendor
MY2015 Cadillac Escalade Luxury
254 Posts
I went to do a burnout in my v-sport in regular auto mode and it would shift to second. I though I’ll do it in manual mode and it should hold out longer till i shifted with the paddles. Nope it shifts into second on it’s own still. Why is this? Also how is it that no tuners say you can access the Tcm but trifecta claims they have. Do they really have access?
Hey there JIMS SVT!
This is "normal" behavior of the TCM. Unlike an 8L90 transmission where the "TAP" shift points can be manipulated at will, the TL80-SN controller uses completely different logic for TAP shifts which cannot be modified in the way that is being described here.

Since we CAN alter other aspects of the TCM, though, we can set the shift points up so that it will not shift out of 1st at wide-open-throttle in a given mode.

For instance, we could set Track mode (and only track mode - or sport - or tour - or snow/ice) to "never" shift out of 1st at wide open throttle, thus allowing the desired burnout.

Applying anything less than WOT would allow the shift to 2nd, and the driver would need to switch away from that drive mode to make their 1/4mi pass (or make sure to manually shift using the paddles if staying in the "burnout" mode).

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hey there JIMS SVT!
This is "normal" behavior of the TCM. Unlike an 8L90 transmission where the "TAP" shift points can be manipulated at will, the TL80-SN controller uses completely different logic for TAP shifts which cannot be modified in the way that is being described here.

Since we CAN alter other aspects of the TCM, though, we can set the shift points up so that it will not shift out of 1st at wide-open-throttle in a given mode.

For instance, we could set Track mode (and only track mode - or sport - or tour - or snow/ice) to "never" shift out of 1st at wide open throttle, thus allowing the desired burnout.

Applying anything less than WOT would allow the shift to 2nd, and the driver would need to switch away from that drive mode to make their 1/4mi pass (or make sure to manually shift using the paddles if staying in the "burnout" mode).
I just requested that alteration to my tunes for Track mode only for both my 93 octane and my 100 octane ZZP tunes. I💖Trifecta Performance!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts