Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Local track had a muscle car event yesterday with a modern muscle class, figured it would be interesting to see what the Blackwing and I could muster. Thought I had a decent handle on the launch control and clutch slippage line. I was wrong, and we have some more work figuring out what to do.

Don't know what the air was yesterday, but it wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination. Since hptuners is useless datalogging this I brought the autel.

Got 3 passes in, learned the gearing is horrible for 1/4 as it passes the finish mid 4th gear. Learned there was a very blurry line using launch control or having traction control fully off ( bogged badly first pass with 3.2k launch control 15% slip and somewhat aggressive clutch pull, bogged badly traction and esp off and 4k launch (won't rev any higher), blew the tires off 4k launch control 15% slip). Best 60' was a dismal 2.04, best time was a [email protected]

Peak boost seen was 12.3psi and it drops dramatically in higher rpm, peak timing was a surprising 21 in the top of 3rd. Intercooler temps started the run at 59c and ended the run at 51c. I know they couldn't have the 4 faster than the 5, but the way the factory tune kicks the nuts out of the car is sad to see.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We got rained out last Wednesday. Will be hitting Cecil county and Maple Grove this weekend with a different car. Not sure if I will get another chance to run it this year before it goes away for winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts