Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new member...First Post
Does anyone have tips, suggestions, or personal experience (good and bad) with any of the rear deck spoilers available for her black 2017 XTS.

Of course, feel free to post pix of your upgrade, along with any details of the install.

Thanks and also where is the paint code located on her car?

Registered
'13 XTS Luxury, '06 DTS Luxury || (RIP), '95 DeVille Concours, '87 Sedan DeVille & '85 Sedan Deville
I don't know about the spoiler.
Commonly, GM paint codes can be found on the underside of the spare tire cover.
That being said, it could also be on the identification tag on the door jamb, or even possibly on a tag on the passenger side door jamb. It might even be in the glove box area.
And it should start with BC for base coat if I remember correctly from my painting days.
I would look in mine, but I had to make a service call the other day and my trunk is full of tools.
The isocyanates in the clear coat has made my brain a little fuzzy. 馃槅馃ゴ馃馃嚭馃嚫
Hood Product Bag Luggage and bags Trunk

Registered
2013 XTS Luxury Collection
Brand new member...First Post
Does anyone have tips, suggestions, or personal experience (good and bad) with any of the rear deck spoilers available for her black 2017 XTS.

Of course, feel free to post pix of your upgrade, along with any details of the install.

Thanks and also where is the paint code located on her car?
Just put mine on the other day. Got a good deal for a painted one on Ebay(white diamond). It was around 138.00 with the shipping. I drilled holes in the truck lid to put mine on. Did it in less than an hour. Turned out really nice, very pleased with it.
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Plant
Grille Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
harporu: Perfect...only in black lol.
That looks alot like the Dawn Enterprises spoiler, as sold by Sportwing?
Unfortunately, neither outfit ships to Canada, so l'll be dealing with Carid to import the item at 3X the price. (ripoff)
Anyhow, thanks for the reply. If l can find the paint code :geek: it will make her a nice Christmas present 馃巺

Space Cowboy: That Caddy is a heavy hauler for sure.
l'll look for the service parts identification sticker when she gets home tonight.
Thanks for the heads-up on possible locations.馃懆鈥嶐煄

Registered
'13 XTS Luxury, '06 DTS Luxury || (RIP), '95 DeVille Concours, '87 Sedan DeVille & '85 Sedan Deville
Unfortunately, neither outfit ships to Canada, so l'll be dealing with Carid to import the item at 3X the price. (ripoff)
Anyhow, thanks for the reply. If l can find the paint code :geek: it will make her a nice Christmas present 馃巺

l'll look for the service parts identification sticker when she gets home tonight.
Now I think I want a spoiler! 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔 And I want to get the roof wrapped too after I saw another one on here.
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Number

I found an example of what the ID tag looks like. Happy hunting. I know on my DTS, it was on the underside of the spare tire cover. I haven't needed to look for mine on the XTS.
I just hope all y'all don't bag on me about my trunk. I'm the guy that gets to work on friends and families cars.

Registered

Hey Pirnpmobile, I believe your paint code is WA8555. And here is the seller for the spoiler that I bought.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Product Car Font

Registered
2014 XTS V-Sport Platinum
The RPO codes label is behind the trim panel at the front of the trunk opening. The panel with the cargo net hook anchors on it. There are two colors of black.... The pure black is Black Raven and the black with the metallic flakes is Black Diamond Tricoat.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chasglenn3: Right you are, sir. Her code is U384A which l believe is the Black Raven. (y)

rayban1: Your black spoiler looks great with the other black accents and dark window tint. 馃槑

l'll check to see if these dealers will ship to Canada; increasingly restrictive and expensive. 馃

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: Ordered the autorestylers spoiler in black, as recommended by harporu. Thanks for the lead.

$138 was the best price l found, but they did get $85 international shipping, plus there will be import charges, duty, etc.

She is really going to love this upgrade. She has been asking for one ever since she bought this car.

l will probably do the install myself. Can't wait to drill a few holes in her trunk lid. :devilish:

Pictures will be added after the holidays. Thanks everyone for all your help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts