Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 sts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a friends 2005 sts to purchase, but have a question concerning the control panel digital readout. When the car is started the digital readout displays trunk open, check check tire monitor, etc... The readouts can be cleared by pushing the upper left button adjacent to the display area. The Owner said after he replaced the bad battery the readout started to display as noted above. Before he changed the battery the readout never malfunctioned. He has the CD and all manuals for the car and said all I need to do is view it to walk me through the resets. I am a little worried there is something else wrong. Does anyone have any info for my concern?

·
Registered
2005 STS N*
125 Posts
If hes being honest there shouldn't be any water damage. I would do the magic disconnect the battery terminals and touch them together for about 10 seconds trick - see if that helps

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
I doubt the DIC is malfunctioning.

The TPMS system may have an issue.
The trunk open sensor may be damaged.

What other messages does it say?

·
Registered
2005 sts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At this time the only two I saw were trunk open and service tire monitors. Going over to take another look today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
I'd probably start with the battery disconnection and reset method like kiewee mentioned.
Pull both cables from the battery, touch and hold them together for about 10 seconds then reconnect to battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts