Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Cadillac CTS- bought used a couple months ago, have been having engine reduction issues, suspension system errors, and check engine light problems. Repair shop is indicating that I need a main engine wiring harness which new is $1700.00- however I was able to find a used one for $300.00- just not sure what is the best route to go-

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
why do they say you need a whole new harness?
Or, what part of the harness is bad? A bad harness is a very very unusual situation.

Or, second opinion. Or discuss with any Cadillac service mgr. Give him symptoms and description of problems. He can give some guidance.

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
I agree because i was working on my friends eclipse about 6 months ago they said he needed a whole new harness ( the car wouldnt start) turned out just needed a new ignition wire run so 7 dollars later everything was perfect again instead of almost 2 grand

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,985 Posts
I have a 2003 Cadillac CTS- bought used a couple months ago, have been having engine reduction issues, suspension system errors, and check engine light problems. Repair shop is indicating that I need a main engine wiring harness which new is $1700.00- however I was able to find a used one for $300.00- just not sure what is the best route to go-
It sounds like your typical flood car. Look for unexplained mud accumulations in strange places.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bought my 04 new and it is in for a new engine wiring harness. This is on top of a new throttle sensor. I think both of these items are more prone to failure than you think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts