Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 CTS and I believe the main blend door acuator isnt working do to the fact that all my vents are blowing but when trying to switch where I want the air to blow the air isnt redirecting.The heat works fine,the air works fine and my temperatures change.My question is where would I find the main blend door actuator in order to replace it? What do I have to disassemble? And if anybody has diagrams of the break down of how to get to the actuator that would be greatly appreciated! If I am wrong about it being the acuator I think it is please correct me. Thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you are referencing difficulty in directing air to places like the windshield, it's probably the Mode door actuator. There are probably codes stored associated with the AC if there is a problem, however, not every scan tool has the ability to read them. The first step would be to get a scan. You can also try and reset the system by removing the fuse, which I believe is located in the fuse box above the battery, I just don't recall its name.

If you're motivated enough, you can pull the passenger side upper kick panel and glove box and observe the mode door arm function while someone else operates it. When the ignition is turned on it should perform a full range sweep. You'll then have to watch for proper movement as other positions are selected. The problem that usually brings its existence to knowledge, is the awful repetitive clicking sound it makes when one of its gears fails.

You can check out my thread in progress on it here; https://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/1066774-08-cts-passenger-blend-door-motor.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey people I'm new into the community. I'm having trouble with my ac. It blows cold and hot but its only blowing air to my feet and blows a somewhat good air on the far left side of the driver side. Air doesnt blow out from the front two vents or from the right. Can anybody tell me how much ac blend actuators the cadillac cts 2008 has?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts