Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac Seville STS, 1997 Cadillac Deville Concours
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this an acceptable replacement for the original GM one ( MAHLE part # GS33431 ) ?
The original GM one is part # 12581822.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,051 Posts
Should be just fine - actual brand depends which company had the "AC Delco" supply contract when your engine was assembled.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should be just fine - actual brand depends which company had the "AC Delco" supply contract when your engine was assembled.
Ok thanks Sub, just wanted to make sure I know this part is crucial so I want a good one.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,051 Posts
Ask Jake at www.northstarperformance.com. He bought out most of the remaining engine parts auctioned off from the Livonia assembly plant for Northstar.

FelPro, Victor (Reinz), Mahle, "AC Delco", others. All just fine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why does the MAHLE oil distribution plate not line up with the guide pins on all 4 corners that are meant to assist with proper installation, even came with instructions saying it may not line up and to remove the alignment dowels, i should have got OEM GM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My experience has been that the GM ones don’t line up very well either. Had to take a Dremel, elongate the holes about .01 in the lower case on both of the engines I have.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My experience has been that the GM ones don’t line up very well either. Had to take a Dremel, elongate the holes about .01 in the lower case on both of the engines I have.
Thanks for the info, guess it would not have mattered then. You would think that a gasket as expensive as that one that they could at least manufacture it correctly!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts