Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally made the 2 hour journey to hit up the dyno before our nasty GA heat gets here. I am quite happy with the results and actually could have squeaked out a bit more if the dyno hadn't screwed up after my cool down period. (I had waited with the fan on for 10 minutes after this run but then the dyno messed up on the two runs after so I was heat soaked again when he got it fixed). No biggie, I have enough power to make things go boom anyhow!

The chart: (Started with 18* of timing but ended with 16.5* due to IAT's and also averaged 8 pounds of boost over the run)

The video:

·
Registered
'06 DTS performance; CowboyCadillac='12 SVT Raptor; 2014 XTS-Vsport
634 Posts
Very Impressive. :bouncy:
Besides the 2.0L = 122 maggie, what are your other mods??
You have more hp & tq at your rear wheels
than I have with my stock engine with the 1.8L = 112 at the crank. :worship:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very Impressive. :bouncy:
Besides the 2.0L = 122 maggie, what are your other mods??
You have more hp & tq at your rear wheels
than I have with my stock engine with the 1.8L = 112 at the crank. :worship:
:) Mods are in my signature but I really believe the biggest portion of the power difference is just from the 122 to 112... Most of the GTO guys that upgraded from their 112's to 122HH's saw 100 rwhp gains from the head unit swap alone!

Thanks for the kind words, now for all of the supporting crap I should already have in place! (axles etc)

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
That MP 122 is making big power!!! :rockon:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,224 Posts
Sounds like a jet taking off. I can't imagine another 100 hp ... wow!

Car looks good, too, Jon. :worship:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
None
447 Posts
Very impressive! Can you post your thread link on the build? I'm interested to see the details on what you had to do for the 122. It does sounds rediculous you must be pleased.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Two hour drive huh. Them looks like some happy go lucky "Mid-West" dyno numbers to me :cool:

What was the outside temp and how high did your IAT get?

You know a little washer fluid can get your timing into the twenties :stirpot:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Great numbers. As asked before, is there a build thread I've been missing?

PS: is there a powerdome hood or equivalent on your car?

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
They dont make the 122 rotor packs anymore. I tried lol

If I would have had the money, that 122 would have been sitting on my car as it seemed I was the only person that knew what it was when the guy posted it for sale so cheap. Glad Cancer is putting it to good use though lol

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very impressive! Can you post your thread link on the build? I'm interested to see the details on what you had to do for the 122. It does sounds rediculous you must be pleased.
Great numbers. As asked before, is there a build thread I've been missing?

PS: is there a powerdome hood or equivalent on your car?
Here is the thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/212714-magnuson-mp122-installed-my-04-ls6.htmlAnd no the stock hood fits just fine.

Two hour drive huh. Them looks like some happy go lucky "Mid-West" dyno numbers to me :cool:

What was the outside temp and how high did your IAT get?

You know a little washer fluid can get your timing into the twenties :stirpot:
:) Yeah it was a dynojet so they will be a bit higher...Outside temp was like 57* and my IAT's built to the highest at 142* by the end of the run.

I hear you on the meth, meh maybe someday. (I also have the scanner logs if you wanna take a peak Tony).

They dont make the 122 rotor packs anymore. I tried lol

If I would have had the money, that 122 would have been sitting on my car as it seemed I was the only person that knew what it was when the guy posted it for sale so cheap. Glad Cancer is putting it to good use though lol
Word! Thanks a ton Bobby for pointing that out! Hell even the seller had no idea what he was holding....(He was a cc racer for sure, by D3 Cadillac also so you know a TRUE cc racer)! lol

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
:) Yeah it was a dynojet so they will be a bit higher...Outside temp was like 57* and my IAT's built to the highest at 142* by the end of the run.

I hear you on the meth, meh maybe someday. (I also have the scanner logs if you wanna take a peak Tony).
142 on the dyno is not bad at all.
Send the log. My new thing is narrowband mV and how they translate to AFR. Would be cool to see what yours is doing at WOT. What AFR are you running?

Thanks

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, 07 Escalade EXT
26 Posts
sounds sick! nice numbers as well!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts