Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 cts-v
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on installing my mp112 kit on my 05 cts-v....getting to the final stages of assembly when I put the manifold assembly on the car I noticed that three of the injectors (blue with black tops) are able to be lifted about a 1/4 inch or less up out of their seats until they top out on the fuel rails and will not pop completely out....called magnuson and got the run around....anyone else notice their injectors are kinda loose no side to side wobble but up and down movement? just want to check before I pressurize the fuel system that this is common so I don't get fuel every where.....also with your kits did you only get one white wire to extend the wiring sensor harness when there is clearly two wires that need to be extended and if you cut it in half it will not reach to the proper local? I can easily find that gauge wire and add another to make the trip around the back of the super charger but just interested in your experiences....any help would be greatly appreciated.....I am finding comfort in this Mod Hell that I have created for myself.....thanks again Matt:bouncy:

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Are you talking about the wire for the tach? Mine was one wire going to the Magnavolt. If I get to my car tonight, I'll try to remember to pull on the injectors.

Wrenching on the V is my therapy :D

·
Registered
2005 cts-v
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With two kids one 8 months old the V is quite therapeutic...until my oldest asks for the keys.....Yeah the double white wires connected to a factory style double plug....The injectors themselves are the main PITA right now that is making me loose sleep....I sure do appreciate the help I pulled on my factory injectors on my other motor and they are really tight no movement what so ever that is why it kinda raised a red flag to me....

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
As long as the injector oring is still in the bore and not exposed, they will be fine.

·
Registered
2005 cts-v
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you think it would be a good idea to take off the fuel rail and inspect? or is it more work then it is worth? thanks Matt

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
As long as you don't mess up the o-ring's it can't hurt anything but it should be fine.

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
Mine have side to side movement but won't lift up or down...Of course I never pulled on them too hard though.

·
Registered
2005 cts-v
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies...I will hopefully get the radiator and other odds and ends buttoned up to try to fire her up this weekend....well hopefully no fire that happened to my 78 eldorado biarritz about 10 years ago with a leaking quadra-bog carb leaking fuel that caught fire....Matt

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
Thanks for the replies...I will hopefully get the radiator and other odds and ends buttoned up to try to fire her up this weekend....well hopefully no fire that happened to my 78 eldorado biarritz about 10 years ago with a leaking quadra-bog carb leaking fuel that caught fire....Matt
I get out the fire extinguisher anytime I am messing around with fuel. That would probably ruin your install experience! :)

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
I bought Heavy's bracket during the Maggie install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts