Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Escalade esv Platinum AWD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While replacing my front struts I noticed a ripped CV boot a little slop in the upper ball joint and inner tie rod end. I seen these front end kits from Detroit Axle and prices too cheap to even consider it's any good but after pricing out Moog and Ac Delco at three times the price and all made in China I thought what the hell, reviews were positive I'll give it a try. Upper control arms with ball joints and bushings, lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, CV shafts, hubs complete with sensors, front rotors, rear rotors and ceramic pads, sway bar links all for just under 500 bucks. I was surprised quality of this stuff but we'll see if it holds up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks great, I've been looking into doing the same thing and also replacing the compressor in the rear because it rattle every time it runs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great, I've been looking into doing the same thing and also replacing the compressor in the rear because it rattle every time it runs.
Thanks
I used these spring compressors I bought from Amazon. Grab as much spring as you can a soft mallet helps to push it around to get more spring, lube the threads you'll be close to maxing out this tool but it gets the job done and be careful working with springs, can be dangerous, stay to the side, never the front or back when compressing springs.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
919 Posts
The frame areas are looking waaaay clean, what'd you do there? Media blast?

Power Slot rotors?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
Cadillac
919 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Escalade ESV
12 Posts
Looks great. I put that same brake package on mine about a year ago. Been happy with them overall, seems to be a lot of brake dust for ceramic pads though. I guess it is because of the slots in the rotors, I love the way they look though. Where did you buy the struts from? I need to do that next.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Front struts came from Amazon, Rears from Rockauto
ACDelco 580-435 $231. ACDelco 5801091

Top strut mount, Amazon
Febest CDSS-ESCIIIF Oem 25940743 $21.95

·
Registered
2012 CTS, 2013 SRX4
13 Posts
Looks great man! Got a link? I just bought a 09 hybrid awd and just replaced the shocks, figured id do the brakes and whole suspension too

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everything is Detroit Axle, bought directly from Detroit Axle, free two day shipping no sales tax.
Should all be the same part numbers for you unless you have the aluminum control arms. The paint I added

Front brakes #S-55097x2 $88.25 pair

Rear brakes w/pads #6PR1300418 $88.20 pair

14-piece front end kit #80010-14A $218.95

Front cv axle shafts #118B_AX $74.28 each

·
Registered
50 Posts
How’s everything holding up? Driving ok, no weird noises? Brakes squeaky? That just seems like an incredibly affordable way to refresh the front end...I’ll be taking a serious look at the Detroit Axle stuff when the time comes.

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
165 Posts
Crazy money for NNBS (07-14) Escalade / Yukon / Tahoe / Burb’s? This thread shows why. Preforming this refresh to ready for a sale or renew a tired set up will make the owner / potential buyer say digidee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
306 Posts
I got ripped by "Mr ACDelco" on here for posting about Detroit Axle stuff about a month or so ago when I posted about their parts. According to him pretty much everything except ACDelco is junk. I think he must have a lot of stock in ACDelco or work for them😉

Roy

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
165 Posts
There’s always something better than OEM. Brand loyalty runs deep in some and they’re willing to step in front of a semi truck for it.

Without aftermarket, SEMA wouldn’t exist as well as all the manufacturers who support it. Geez, Merc purchased AMG. Almost all manufactures use or offer a kit or option for Brembo calipers that are aftermarket. You can’t pick or choose who’s gonna be the next Edelbrock or Pirelli, their reputations are earned, not bought.

I had a reman A/C Delco rack fail on our 08 Denali last year. The mount tab on the nose literally cracked and fell off. It was replaced under warranty after 6 months of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
306 Posts
You're right about SEMA , I've been there 34 times and had my truck on display with Ford in 1994 and 95.

ROY

1 - 20 of 21 Posts