Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Installed the catback, it only took me an hour to install. It sounds fine, but not enough rummble. My question is if I get rid of the X-pipe what would it sound like ? Louder or Quiter ?
Do you guys recomend me doing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
talalhz said:
I Installed the catback, it only took me an hour to install. It sounds fine, but not enough rummble. My question is if I get rid of the X-pipe what would it sound like ? Louder or Quiter ?
I doubt it, X pipes are for balance. I got this system because it has a nice tone and isnt overbearing. If you want rumble sell it and get the B&B...plenty of rumble..:yup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Volume is slightly effected but mainly interior noise woudl be effected. The X-pipe is to increase scavenging and provide lower interior noise.

Before getting too extreem, give the system a good weeks drive and re evaluate teh noise before you modify it... just general experience speaking..tough out a break in.

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
talalhz said:
Try it!

My experience showed the addition of an X pipe an a Magnaflow system:

1) Significantly improved the sound
2) Significantly reduced resonance
3) Significantly reduced the db of the system

I ran my V8 LS without the X pipe for about a week (on a Magnaflow system), it sounded like a '63 impala with a busted manifold. Of course that wasn't an LS6...

Let someone drive your car and stand behind it, it may be louder than you think mine sure is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts