Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to take it to the Dealer for them to install, but probably will install tonight as I have no patience and will not likely be able to wait until morning.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welds looked very good (assuming I'd be able to spot a bad weld), will post some pics later. No issues with fitment/clearance/vibration, and the install was straight forward and installed less than an hour, with a 2 ton jack, a pair of jack stands, 15mm and 13mm wrench, and a screwdriver.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Mine went in yesterday absolutely effortlessly! Kimcheejegae helped me install it. It literally took us 45 min to unbolt the old and install the new. Looks amazing and sounds even better. You'll love it!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
talalhz said:
I installed mine last week. The tips line-up perfectb but rubs in two places:

1.The cross support peice in the middle. (needs two washers on each side).
2. The driver side some metal peice (next to the rear springs). It need a little grinding mybe 16th".
This validates what I said earlier. I cut my cross braces off so that I could rotate the pipes for proper fit. I have 1.0" clearance between the factory brace and the pipes. I still have to modify the right muffler as it was welded wrong. Magnaflow does have quality/consistancy issues. Does sound damn nice though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i did not have any issues with the fitment or finish...personally, i love the exhaust!

i just left the midbrace off...didn't seem to serve any purpose except to make noise. i also called magnaflow, and they did not install the brace either on their test vehicle.!

all in all.....took me less than two hours to install the system, with two trips to the harware store for a broken wrench and an adapter!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just got back from having mine installed. The welding of the system is ok, but it fits well and has a nice sound. There's a little drone in the 2-3,000 rpm range, but other than that, it's got a good rumble. After I left the muffler shop, though, I read the installation directions that came with the system and it recommends disconnecting the battery before install so the computer can sense the new exhaust. The muffler shop did not do that. Is that a problem?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm pretty sure my dealer didn't do it either when mine was installed. I've had in on now for a few months and haven't noticed any issues. Now I'm curious....:hmm:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Disconnecting the battery just lets the computer learn a little faster. Drive 50 miles and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here are some pix of the exhaust.....
X-pipe, mid-pipe, etc. No pix of the mufflers/tips because they were wrapped in bubble wrap, which I left on until they were mounted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got my Magnaflow exhaust installed yesterday at Moore Cadillac.

I agree that Damian is the best!

The Magnaflow seems to have a resonance at less than 2000 rpm/

The resonance is a bit loud for my taste, and my overall impression is a nice sound, but nothing as sweet as my 2001 Mustang GT!

I was expecting a deeper "throaty" sound, but at low RPM sounds a bit like a V6.

Any other comments on the sound of the Magnaflow?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
wkisse said:
Got my Magnaflow exhaust installed yesterday at Moore Cadillac.

I agree that Damian is the best!

The Magnaflow seems to have a resonance at less than 2000 rpm/

The resonance is a bit loud for my taste, and my overall impression is a nice sound, but nothing as sweet as my 2001 Mustang GT!

I was expecting a deeper "throaty" sound, but at low RPM sounds a bit like a V6.

Any other comments on the sound of the Magnaflow?
Put in the random cats. really improves the sound.

Also, this exhaust hangs too low. By cutting off the straps I was able to tuck it up nicely.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
The Magnaflows I've owned have not been deep and throaty, let someone drive your V and listen to what that thing sounds like outside!

Woohoo!

Wicked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts