Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down south and meet heavymetals, nice guy and I had a good time.

Maybe a mistake for me to go down there (just kidding) because he let me drive his Maggied V. First he popped the hood and seeing the polished Maggie on top of that engine was enough to make one drool. :drool:

Driving that car was an experience and a good one. First you hear that sweet whine of the SuperCharger. Once I got behind the wheel I clutched it to allow the car to hook up then mashed the throttle, All I could think was lucky bastard, I really need one of these!

The one thing that almost ended badly is we were running through the country in the Maggied V, I was probably doing about 70 and we crossed over a hill and guess who was on the other side? Had the cherries on going in the opposite direction and I thought this was it, first ticket and it wasn't even in my own car! The funny part is it looked like he was after a Mini Van...

Still no Tickets in the V! :D

HeavyMetals has done a nice job putting this car together and the platinum with the GM Accessory wheels looks sharp. Car is in great shape as well, everyone should take care of there car as well as he has.

Now I'm thinking, L92 Heads, L76 Intake, Cam for FI, 122 Maggie,..... :lildevil:

As Will Smith said in Independence day "I Gotta get me one of these!" :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I need a MODERATOR to ban ROB for two weeks. He's in too deep.
What makes it worse, he does his own labor.

I'm currently working on a new business venture similar to a Psych Ward, where we'll hold folks like Rob, against their will until they find God and turn their backs to Mod Hell.
Hopefully after the two week period is over,I'll have my clinic open and He'll my first patient!

Trying to work on getting this program Medicaid approved!

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
hee hee... maggie good...

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
Geez Rob, you were down here and I had a Brand New In Box Maggie for sale.
We could have thrown it on your car and sent you home with it. :stirpot:
I did just sell it today though, probably best for you anyways.

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Was it the Maggie or was it just because it was a Platinum V (they're faster ya know)? :stirpot:

I wonder if we can work a referral deal with Maggie so that when sales are related to joy rides we give other owners we get a commission?

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,989 Posts
... I wonder if we can work a referral deal with Maggie so that when sales are related to joy rides we give other owners we get a commission?
Well, Ron, you'd be getting in on some of that action, 'cause after I drove YOUR maggied V, I was sold!!! :highfive:

BTW, Rob, your writeup here was right on target. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
yeah i'm hoping i can drive, or at least drive in, a maggied V in Houston at the next meet, if anyone has one. i'm considering supercharging mine :)

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Was very nice to meet you and your wife Rob:highfive:

Thanks for the beer and chips and stuff.

You forgot to mention:

Drinking mamosas's and eating Johnnies pastrami and also that we were doing over 100 before I let you drive.

When the cop flew past us, Rob and I were both checking the mirrors to see if the cop was gonna hang a bat turn and come after us (well actually Rob cuz he was driving!):eek:

·
Registered
04 Cadillac CTSV
380 Posts
well i guess i will be joining the elite few! as long as the check clears lol

:ride::rice:

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:histeric:

Thanks but I want the 122 anyways!

Got me day dremin' again, ported L96 heads, ported L76 intake, Polished Maggie 122 on top... :bouncy:

Congrat's to the new owner of your Maggie, I HIGHLY doubt they will be discouraged!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yea...I was looking at Ernie's Maggie as well....Somehow my wife thinks sending the kid to college is what the money's for. :thepan: Don't they have student loans for that stuff? :hmm:

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe you could approach your wife like this...
Dear, Our kid's should get student loans and take on a job during college. It will teach them responsibilty and will give them Character". Then we says that's a good idea, Take the money, buy a maggie, install the maggie, Then drive around like a maniac!

I may be getting old but I refuse to grow up.......

I'm thinking about selling a Kidney, Only need one you know!

·
Registered
04 Cadillac CTSV
380 Posts
:histeric:

Thanks but I want the 122 anyways!

Got me day dremin' again, ported L96 heads, ported L76 intake, Polished Maggie 122 on top... :bouncy:

Congrat's to the new owner of your Maggie, I HIGHLY doubt they will be discouraged!
I hope I'm not discouraged....

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
Discouraged & Maggie?
Thats 2 words that don't belong in the same sentance.

The biggest problem with a Maggie is keeping your drivers license. :shhh:
A problem Rob seems to have narowly escaped. :eek:

I love that that the V is so stealth.

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Discouraged & Maggie?
Thats 2 words that don't belong in the same sentance.

The biggest problem with a Maggie is keeping your drivers license. :shhh:
A problem Rob seems to have narowly escaped. :eek:

I love that that the V is so stealth.
You are correct L, I shouldn't have had them in the same post!

What a car -- LS series motor, Awesome suspension, M6, Sleeper appearance, A maggie fits under the hood...... This car is like a dream come true.

Can anyone answer why they would switch to another car???? The 09's are nice and they are still a V but with the potential of this car why would you switch? :hmm: The LS3 has some attraction but I'm sure the new V will have a new set of problems.

After you get the car the way you want it then take everything off and sell it?? :hmm:

I love this car and it will be smoking the exotics by the end of next year. :bouncy:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,989 Posts
Rob, if you do all that stuff, you're gonna need some serious "depends" on that rearend of yours.

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Which Rear end are you talking about!?!?!?

If you are talking about mine, I look forward to it! If your talking about the cars I am going to see what it will take to fab in a rear end that won't grenade. I have access to a full on Machine shop (Mill's, Lathe's, CNC's...) and a professional welder (not myself so it will be done right!)

This is one of the reasons I'm not doing this until sometime next year the other is the wife had made comments about not spending enough time with her soooooo I need to cool it for a little while or it's going to cost me if you know what I mean!

Oh yeah, can't forget the money thing either....

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
I really didn't read much more than the title.

All I can say is I F&^%*n told you so, and mine just sold last month for less than a stock V goes for - widened and powedercoated wheels to boot along with the other *good* tweaks.

Maggie'd V's rock :worship:

WW

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really didn't read much more than the title.

All I can say is I F&^%*n told you so, and mine just sold last month for less than a stock V goes for - widened and powedercoated wheels to boot along with the other *good* tweaks.

Maggie'd V's rock :worship:

WW
I agree, I need to ask the quesiton - "Why in the Hell did you sell it?????"

If I didn't already have one I would have bought yours.... I was thinking about it anyways then leaving this poor V alone. Probably for the best, these cars are meant to be modified and half of the fun is being able to say I did it myself.

Again, You had an awesome V and it gave me a lot of idea's on how to modify mine - thank you. Oh and thank you for the lenses, everytime I look at the car I go "Yeah, that's the way the front end is supposed to look!" BTW, Ended up with the smoked side markers and I really like them but I think I need to put LED's in them, what do you think?

I don't know how you do it, I drive the truck once in a while to give the V a break and all I can think of is I am going to drive the car tomorrow...

If I sold the car where would I get my fix, don't know. Man I need help.

Glad your still on the forum but you need to get back into a Caddy again!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts