Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Maggie today and it has a 3.0 pulley!!! I thought they now came with the 2.8 and I specifically asked for the 2.8. How do I get one? Will Magnacharger exchange it, or should the dealer?

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
stkshkr said:
Got my Maggie today and it has a 3.0 pulley!!! I thought they now came with the 2.8 and I specifically asked for the 2.8. How do I get one? Will Magnacharger exchange it, or should the dealer?
Magna will definitely change it once you show them dyno results that will, almost assurdly, show results that will be far from what you will want. I would just call them up now, explain the situation, and see if they will send the 2.8" (& the tune) immediately. Otherwise, you will probably be wasting your time. Just my $0.02. :)

Even with a good tune, I'm guessing you will probably come in at ~400hp/~370 tq, which is a far cry from their advertised results. With their tune, the results will probably be fairly woeful.

·
Registered
No GET-RAG or GM products
637 Posts
Agree with Luna. Give Magnuson a call. You will have to send them your Superchips programmer. They'll update it with a new tune and send you a 2.8" pulley.

Don't bother dynoing with the 3" pulley - you will be disappointed.

GT

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I dont recommend the 2.8" pulley!! The 3" was fast enough, now Im afraid to drive it. I cant get any traction in3 out of 4 gears. Stay with the 3"..:eek::lildevil:

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talked with Magnuson today and they are shipping the 2.8 to me. The program for the Superchips was done Dec 27 05 and they said it was the latest and should work. They were surprised it had the 3.0 on it, it was manufactured in July 05.
After reading what lastss said, I think I'll keep the 3.0, I have enough traction problems already. I wonder if they have a 3.5? Maybe that will cure the wheel hop!

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
stkshkr said:
Talked with Magnuson today and they are shipping the 2.8 to me. The program for the Superchips was done Dec 27 05 and they said it was the latest and should work. They were surprised it had the 3.0 on it, it was manufactured in July 05.
After reading what lastss said, I think I'll keep the 3.0, I have enough traction problems already. I wonder if they have a 3.5? Maybe that will cure the wheel hop!
Be sure you dyno your car right after. I think many would be interested to see what the new tune on a 2.8" driven magnacharger does. :D

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do, I've established a baseline with Corsa and Volant, next dyno with SW long tubes and RT CATs, then Maggie with Superchips tune, then StealthV tune

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
wildwhl said:
lasstss -

Wow...that is the most B.S. post I've ever seen you do, but it is funny :histeric:
Hey, Im learning. A few more posts from CVP33 and I think I might have it figured out. He is still the king!:worship:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts