Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the deal:

I'm old school, and love the sound of a nice cam & headers. I know supercharges get you 130+ HP, but I hate the fact the engine has no radical lope unless you do both. I know it's just a matter of opinion and taste, but what's everybody’s views? Cost wise and longevity wise? By the time you get 130+ HP going cam, header and heads is it a wash, and like I said how is the life of the engine effected?

·
Registered
CTS V
134 Posts
I have long tubes and full exhaust on my maggie V and the car sounds extremely well.. Plus the whine from the blower almost gives you an eargasm.. I could easily put a cam in mine.. I have heard a maggie V before with a cam and it sounds really good. It all depends on your taste.. I love the maggie because of the sound.. Not because of the power, although 478 HP isn't bad... With nice heads and a cam and exhaust you will make close to the same power as a maggie will NA.. so it just comes down to your preference.. If you tune them correctly they will last.. It's the people that slaps all the aftermarket parts on the car without a proper tune that has issues. There is no way to get the answer your looking for because they are both good.. it just comes down to YOUR preference.. Everyone will have their opinion but it ultimately comes down to what you want.. They are both awesome setups. My built LS7 camaro makes 565 WHP NA.. the car is scary fast on the street.. I love the way it drives and performs.. I also love the way my caddy performs with the blower on it.. I can't say one is better than the other.. they are both sweet.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,074 Posts
I like my very flat torque curve. Staying NA to get similar peak power means you shift the curve leaving the low end feeling like a four banger trying to spin a heavy flywheel.

Must say, I DO love the lope of an aggressive cam, though.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
I have a little lope and a maggie! I love the sound of the cam I have. Its not big but its noticable. I'll get a small video clip this evening but I dont think you will get the real idea of the sound. When you stand back there you can feel it in your chest. Its great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts