Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got Rick's tune downloaded into the PCM yesterday, and all I can say is, "Wow!" This is the way the car SHOULD be! Now, I may only glance up to see what all the fuss is about when the '09 V comes out. Never again will I be late for dinner!

Two quick examples, then I'm off:
Yesterday, I had to hit the grocery store, then finally found the opportunity to open 'er up a bit. Took off slowly in first till I got rolling, then gradually accelerated up to about 5.5k RPM then shifted into second (no where near a speed shift) and hammered it. I could hear AND FEEL the rears slipping through most of second gear. Wild, absolutely wild. Then, I get home and remember the groceries. :banghead:

Then, this morning, some lady in her BM (cough) W (gag) had stopped way out, I mean WAY out, into the intersection waiting before her left turn light allowed her to go. Her bumper would have scrapped the passenger side of my car had I not gone around her as my light turned green. Well, I rolled away from the light to about 10 MPH and put my foot into it (not mashed, mind you), and the rears began to spin. (Boy, did I show her. :rolleyes:)

If Ken and John still have their maggies for sale, you guys better think about this. Then, go to Rick at StealthV to really bring it to life. :bouncy:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys.

Can't do pics yet ... too embarrassed about how I routed my hoses and cables. Once I tidy things up a bit and get my new FRCs on, then I'll post up some pics. Problem is, it's too fun to drive! ... I don't want to spend time in the garage! :highfive: It's just like heavy says, "It's like having your own amusement park ride." I couldn't agree more. :thumbsup:

:)shhh: I had a sneak preview of Rick's install. When you see it, then you'll understand why I'm so embarrassed. :worship:)

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Dammit- One more person that my Avatar doesn't apply to anymore......

Congrats on the beast. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
Thanks, guys.

Can't do pics yet ... too embarrassed about how I routed my hoses and cables. Once I tidy things up a bit and get my new FRCs on, then I'll post up some pics. Problem is, it's too fun to drive! ... I don't want to spend time in the garage!
You're doomed. I've been saying this for 2 years and still haven't wanted to take the time away from the steering wheel to re-route things under the hood (and you saw how bad mine looks :) )

Congrats on your install. It's a great feeling to get it done yourself and then drive the fruits of your labor!

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Another satisfied Maggie-V customer:).
Now you will find reasons to take the car out for a drive. When I got my maggie, I volunteered to go to the drugstore to pick up some female hygiene products-it was worth it. Good luck and make sure you buy a gas station and a tire store:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
04CTSVsc
854 Posts
People immediately and unconsciously reach for the dashboard to hold on when I'm driving them around in my car. Sounds like you're in for a fun rest of the summer...then you'll want it to go faster and sound louder, etc..but that's what winter is for.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Randy.....I'm happy for you and jealous at the same time. Does your wife know???

She's probably thinkin' you have a mistress.....'cause you're always smiling and "going" somewhere.

Congrats Man.......that is really good news. I'm thinking about getting back into that maggie idea.....especially with two aftermarket diffs to choose from.

Then maybe....forget the '09 for a while.

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
Another satisfied Maggie-V customer:).
Now you will find reasons to take the car out for a drive. When I got my maggie, I volunteered to go to the drugstore to pick up some female hygiene products-it was worth it. Good luck and make sure you buy a gas station and a tire store:thumbsup:.
My car is cool as shit,but theres no way i'm going on a tampon or douch run.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
My car is cool as shit,but theres no way i'm going on a tampon or douch run.
When you live with a wife and three daughters, you will take any reason to get the heck out of the house. Of course the trip usually takes 45 minutes, as I need to confirm the 3rd gear rolling burnout is still intact.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Tell us about the first (or second) person that you give a "white knuckler" to.:eek:
... and make sure you tell them to change into their brown underwear:burn:.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
I've had the V to the track (Pocono) once since the Maggie was installed. It ran great--although it was still a hair behind my C6 Z06.

Since then, I've had the StealthV tune. Going back to Pocono this weekend. We'll see what kind of difference the tune makes.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts