Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for comments from the Maggie owners of the forum. My V never got good mileage to begin with since the maggie install I think my average is about 10mpg with a tailwind. What are the rest of you seeing??:crying:

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
About 13-15 around town, a/c usually on, right foot very heavy. Still get above 22 mpg (24-25) on extended hiway/freeway runs. StealthV wildpower tune, of course :thumbsup:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,939 Posts
I gotta ask, "why?" Theoretically, a maggie should improve the efficiency of the thermodynamic cycle, thereby you "should" see improved mileage. Or, did the maggie come with a lead-laced right shoe? Ah, yes, acceleration-induced endorphins ... THAT'S the reason! (Sorry about diverging this thread a bit.)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
StealthV I'm sure can tell you the how comes and why for's. But my guess is: more air, more gas, more fast...more :D

I get about the same as Wild, unless I'm :gun2:bimmer huntin'.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Without the blower, I averaged 24.5 mpg highway. With the blower, the highway average is 23 mpg. I would suspect that the loss of milage is due to my blower spec'd cam, mechanical losses and the less efficent port runner in the SC lower manifold, as compared to the stock manifold's long runner. As long as you don't go into positive boost, there shouldn't be any other reason to lose milage.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heavymetals said:
9 to 11 mpg. City driving

Best on the highway before the headers was 21 mpg.:thumbsup:

Now it is 18.8.:mad:

I don't use the "instant" mileage calculator because it is just depressing!:eek:
The instant is scary. OK I dont feel so bad, I thought it was just me. Lead foot, yes somewhat but my turbocharged impala did far better and was 500 lbs heaver with an automatic. I could get 16 around town.
Driving the huffer must take a bit more energy then the turbo. I should be broken in by now, my 2004 has 4400 miles on it now.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
10mpg? You guys have heavier foots then I do then... :D

I'm probably around 15mpg around town, and about 19-20 mpg on the highway.

The hardest part of driving a maggie'd V is not putting your foot into it (even with their TERRIBLE tune...)

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
ctsvett said:
I think with the SC you guys are more likely to put the pedal down so that may have something to do with it..

Reed
I don't disagree with that, but I didn't care about the mileage when I bought the car (didn't like paying a tax I couldn't even write off though! :eek: ).

I didn't put the maggie on to improve the mileage either.

Still the most fun/bang for the buck.

Hey, kiss another dinosaur goodbye.........

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Probably just a coincidence but every since my TSB reflash my MPG has been down. I was getting 25 on the highway prior. Today I drove 3 hours round trip, no high speed runs and I even reset the AVG. MPG once I was underway and still only managed 21.7mpg.

·
Registered
874 Posts
wildwhl said:
About 13-15 around town, a/c usually on, right foot very heavy. Still get above 22 mpg (24-25) on extended hiway/freeway runs. StealthV wildpower tune, of course :thumbsup:
Same tune, same mileage :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts