Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
I assume the LS2 kit only works on the LS2? Any reasonable way to get it to work on the LS6 application?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will work. You may have to move some sensors around but you have to do that anyway to install the maggie. The heads are the same so that wont be a problem. You will need a TB harness for the 90 but thats no big deal. I just installed the 90 on my LS6 no problem. You will need to buy an LS6 valley pan because the LS6 nock sensors are in there were the LS2's aren't. Thats the only major thing I can think of. Still, for that price, thats a steal.

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
Any idea at how much I'm looking extra to make it work for the LS6? I'm just curious if its going to be more effective to just buy a new one...I doubt the extras will cost 2G's + though. Seems like a great deal to me too.

Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V
433 Posts
add 2k and I'll sell ya my polished LS6 maggie with all new hardware NIB! :) (Although, it looks like sometime next week I am gonna throw it on)

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
add 2k and I'll sell ya my polished LS6 maggie with all new hardware NIB! :) (Although, it looks like sometime next week I am gonna throw it on)
Dang, is polishing that much more expensive?

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
This is one of those purchases that could either be a helluva deal or a one-way ticket to missing pieces and mod hell.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
polishing is done by an external company and adds like 1k to the price (if my failing memory serves me correctly)

EDIT: AWWW YOU BEAT ME TO IT CTSV510!!!

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
Hey wait isn't that "bigbadcj"'s maggie? He was trying to sell it and his LS2 in the classifieds here for 7500 bucks for a LSX project.

I really wanted that LS2/Maggie combo.. but I wanted it for like 6k...ish... and I didn't even want to offer that price to him... too low to entertain

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
So how could one tell if this is complete or not? I'm hovering above the trigger here! I guess if a few parts are missing, they could be purchased from Magnuesson directly, right?

For a comparison question, how far would $3000 get me in going with an NA buildup ie: larger cam/ported heads/springs/lifters and headers? I'm not sure how much that stuff costs other than headers (around 1200 which is 1/3 of the 3000 already)

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
So how could one tell if this is complete or not? I'm hovering above the trigger here! I guess if a few parts are missing, they could be purchased from Magnuesson directly, right?

For a comparison question, how far would $3000 get me in going with an NA buildup ie: larger cam/ported heads/springs/lifters and headers? I'm not sure how much that stuff costs other than headers (around 1200 which is 1/3 of the 3000 already)
Perhaps I'm conservative, but I'd automatically add, say, $500 to the purchase price and send it directly to Magnason for their review. Then, once they have completed their review and replaced all parts that need to be included, have them ship it directly to you. Ask for Dave and he'll take care of you.

Piece of mind is worth it to me. :thumbsup:

A 2.8" pulley and a tune should land you in the neighborhood of 450 rwhp/410 rwtq. I don't think you'll be able to get that much NA without spending much more. And installing/removing the maggie is much easier as well.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,074 Posts
I bought used from a very well-known guy on this forum. Said I'd have to get $50 more stuff to make it complete. Five hundred bucks later, and he was "right." :helpless: Fortunately, I did not send it back to Magnuson and have had zero issues with it.

$500 would be the most you'd spend, IMHO. You're gonna need a tune anyway, so figure that in. Kmajecki has a MS Excel file with all the parts listed that are suppose to come in the kit. I used that and just started identifying each part with what I had and what I needed and got it done. It's not rocket science, just takes a little time.

For 3 Gs and from I know now, I'd be all over this kit. :D

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
I really want this....waiting to hear back from the seller and the guy who owns the car here on CF for answers to a few of my questions.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,074 Posts
I really want this....waiting to hear back from the seller and the guy who owns the car here on CF for answers to a few of my questions.
What altitude are you at? Over 5k ft?

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
Ugh, yep...just barely over 1 mile. 5,377 FT actually.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a disclaimer. I saw the post for the flat black V here as well. As was stated, I dont know why the guy has both the maggied V and the maggie listed separately yet at the same time. They are posted by the same guy and he has the same pictures of the maggie in his car add as well. I'd be leery of this one guys. Make sure you go see it in person if you are close. This seems a little fishy.

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
Do we have any members in Louisiana? Monroe, LA or close to be specific.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I also sent the guy a message asking why he has both listed. I'll let you know what his response is.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts