Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac SRX 2006 Cadillac CTS-V
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So finally getting the maggie and I plan on doing the install myself so I just was wondering what other fellow owners have as advice as far as the install goes? The things that worry me the most are getting the piping,wiring and the intercooler all sorted out any good tips?

Also what should I do about the fuel pump n all that fun stuff, I am pretty sure I dont want to go with the magnavolt.

thanks appreciate the help!

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,267 Posts
So finally getting the maggie and I plan on doing the install myself so I just was wondering what other fellow owners have as advice as far as the install goes? The things that worry me the most are getting the piping,wiring and the intercooler all sorted out any good tips?

Also what should I do about the fuel pump n all that fun stuff, I am pretty sure I dont want to go with the magnavolt.

thanks appreciate the help!
I'd keep chiming in here while you're doing it ... keep us updated and ask your questions.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how Magnuson made it look so simple to mount the IC. I made my own mounting hardware. I also changed the flow. I have it going first into the IC then into the reservoir ... I think Magnuson has it the other way around. My rationale was that I wanted the fluid to be in the IC while at its highest temperature since the IC is more efficient at transfering heat.

To this day, I still do not have a MagnaVolt installed. The downside is that the fuel pressure drops from about 60 psi to close to 30 psi at red line ... hurts atomization of fuel, I've heard. Point is, you don't HAVE to have one. FWIW, I have one that I'll be installing some time this summer, hopefully.

They say to find a friend to help lift the housing into place. I did it by myself using a jury-rigged harness arrangement dangled from the ceiling. I don't recommend it, but it worked for me.

Other than making sure you cover all the intake ports when you remove the intake manifold like any sane mechanic would do, the rest as I recall is just as the install instructions show you. Take your time (even as excited as you might be to git 'r done). Check off each step as you complete them. Take a crap load of pictures. Save and label all parts you remove. Routing the hoses between the housing and TB will take you a couple of tries. Make sure the hoses clear the jackshaft both front and rear. Take your time and document.

You'll do great. Stay in touch with us.

·
Registered
05 Raven Maggied CTS-V/08 SRX
34 Posts
I am in the middle of the install myself. Things I've run across already that are listed elsewhere on this site too:

3 bolts on each side of fascia, not two as the book suggests.

The radiator removal procedure is not totally accurate. It fails to mention that the rubber airflow deflectors are connected to both sides via plastic pins. And, they aren't easy to get out without breaking.

Overall, everything else has been smooth...even the crank bolt removal. Have fun, take your time and document everything. :cool2::cool2:

·
Registered
07 CTS-V
389 Posts
Buy this:

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_...=1064&osCsid=fb8dbddd9e17b547bc97cff0dad50fe3

It is about the only way that you will be able to fill the IC system to capacity and remove all the air with ease...you can also check the level easily. Well worth the $25.00.

As stated, you do not need the Magnavolt POS, but I would take it and have it tuned to make sure you do not lean out...it will be worth another couple HP.

Get 1 7/8" headers, FTW!

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,781 Posts
Buy this:

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_...=1064&osCsid=fb8dbddd9e17b547bc97cff0dad50fe3

It is about the only way that you will be able to fill the IC system to capacity and remove all the air with ease...you can also check the level easily. Well worth the $25.00.

As stated, you do not need the Magnavolt POS, but I would take it and have it tuned to make sure you do not lean out...it will be worth another couple HP.

Get 1 7/8" headers, FTW!
I have one too. Without one I am certain that most guys don't have theirs completely filled.

As for the Magnavolt I would put it on and just be certain you have a GOOD ground. A lot of people run them with no issues but they do have a bad reputation around the net. Knock on wood but mine is working just fine.

Also here are some tips and lots of pics for some of the things you might scratch your head on. My thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/212714-magnuson-mp122-installed-my-04-ls6.html

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
Dowlatij is getting my maggie as well as most if not all of my fun parts :) I do have the filler neck there so he's covered on that as well as the 1 7/8" headers. He should be gravy!! :)

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Dowlatij is getting my maggie as well as most if not all of my fun parts :) I do have the filler neck there so he's covered on that as well as the 1 7/8" headers. He should be gravy!! :)
Damn! You too huh?

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,267 Posts
... The radiator removal procedure is not totally accurate. It fails to mention that the rubber airflow deflectors are connected to both sides via plastic pins. And, they aren't easy to get out without breaking. ...
Oh, yeah ... I forgot about that part. Right you are. Couldn't get 'em out, so had to break them.

Buy this:

Get 1 7/8" headers, FTW!
+1 on the 1-7/8" headers.

That little in-line filler looks great. I'd get one of those except I worried that it added restriction to the coolant flow. Anybody know?

Here's what I did:

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
Damn! You too huh?
Yep, it's time to move on. It just sits most of the time and it should be enjoyed. It's no fun anymore paying a big payment for a garage queen and I need something more usable. It will be in good hands though. Jiran is a good kid and will take good care of her!

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac SRX 2006 Cadillac CTS-V
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys apperciate all the advice, so document everything, watch out for the stinking radiator (I always end up having bad experiences with radiators!), and look through some of the links.

Thanks for the kind words Dave! I will take great care of her!

Just got two more big exams to deal with and V mod bug will be in full swing, can't wait! :cool2:

·
Registered
07 CTS-V
389 Posts
Rand49er...I installed my inline filler neck about 6" from the IC return fitting on the intake (the one that points to the passenger side). This is the highest point of the IC system and will naturally bleed all the air if installed at this point. Just cut out about 2" of hose and slap this beauty in place, you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

It flows with no restriction at all, I can open the cap with the pump on and I can see the coolant stream flow straight through, doesn't splash out in the slightest. If there was a restriction, it would puke all over the place.

I don't have any pics on this computer to show, but it is neat and tidy install that takes about 10 minutes. You do not need all the extra fittings, just use the ones supplied for inline use.

Sorry for the jack OP, let's see some pics!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Yep, it's time to move on. It just sits most of the time and it should be enjoyed. It's no fun anymore paying a big payment for a garage queen and I need something more usable. It will be in good hands though. Jiran is a good kid and will take good care of her!
Yeah I hear you. That is why I DD mine! :) Good luck with your next project though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts