Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The unit just hit a year old and has ~10k miles. It's Magnuson's new style kit with carbon fiber shaft and 2.8 pulley. Also, I will include a lasstss fuel line relocation adapter. Local buyers strongly welcomed. I can coordinate an excellent deal on installation and tuning.

Asking price is $4k plus shipping. Please PM or email me, [email protected]

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,989 Posts
For those considering this, the price seems about right, and it might be a cheaper way to go versus getting (waiting!) for the '09. Any '09 V better think twice about scoffing at your "old" V :tisk: as you blow by him/her.

For those who would consider the self install route, it's a divide and conquer kind of thing. Lots of individual steps with no single step that's too difficult. Plus, as Rick says, it gives you the excuse to buy some more cool tools. :thumbsup:

On top of that, you've got us!

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
I have been toying with trying to install a ATI Procharger instead of a Maggie. I have to admint the Maggie looks like it belongs on top of this engine but the fact that you could put the intercooler between the supercharger and the throttle body seems to be an advantage. Keep the air cooler before it enters the engine then you could up the boost which would = more HP.

I just read the 09 would be about 500+ HP so if this V is modded it should still be able to keep up to a stock 09 V.

·
13,989 Posts
I have been toying with trying to install a ATI Procharger instead of a Maggie. I have to admint the Maggie looks like it belongs on top of this engine but the fact that you could put the intercooler between the supercharger and the throttle body seems to be an advantage. Keep the air cooler before it enters the engine then you could up the boost which would = more HP.

I just read the 09 would be about 500+ HP so if this V is modded it should still be able to keep up to a stock 09 V.
At a max of about 8 psi boost with a maggie and an appropriate pulley, you should be around 560-580 hp at the crank with a good tune, MORE than enough for any '09 that's likely to be produced. That's not necessarily taking anything away from the '09 V, because I'm sure it'll have additional features LIKE AN ADEQUATE DIF!

Plus, Staxxin is a good guy. :thumbsup: (You are a guy, aren't you? j/k)

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
Rand,

Did you call his manhood into question because he's selling his Maggie?:poke:

Nothing against the Maggie's, if I hadn't spent so much already and the fact I have an LS2 I would buy it! :rant2:

·
Registered
Cadillac 2004 CTS-V
173 Posts
At a max of about 8 psi boost with a maggie and an appropriate pulley, you should be around 560-580 hp at the crank with a good tune, MORE than enough for any '09 that's likely to be produced. That's not necessarily taking anything away from the '09 V, because I'm sure it'll have additional features LIKE AN ADEQUATE DIF!

Plus, Staxxin is a good guy. :thumbsup: (You are a guy, aren't you? j/k)
Those HP numbers are a bit too high--the Maggie with a 2.8 pulley will give you about 120 at the crank, 430 at the wheels. I know the numbers Magnuson publishes but these are the real world numbers. Most people on this forum get a bit carried away with what they think the HP numbers will be. I will say however, I LOVE my Maggie--and the company is a class-act. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If memory serves, my car dyno'd ~430rwhp on a mustang dyno. That is with safe modest tune.

·
Registered
04CTSVsc
854 Posts
If memory serves, my car dyno'd ~430rwhp on a mustang dyno. That is with safe modest tune.
...and probably about 450 rwtq, which is what matters. the Mag blower makes more at lower RPMs than Procharger, but once you hit about 4k RPM with the Procharger, you're in the sweet spot. with mine, I can easily punch it in 6th gear and not downshift to pass on the highway. Anyone on the fence about the Maggie should drive a car with one on it--then you'll be glad to shell out the 4k for a unit like this one. a good tune makes all the difference as well....

·
13,989 Posts
As I recall, Magnuson states about +20 hp per 1 psi of boost. At a pretty standard 5-6 psi boost, that equates to about 100-120 hp. That's also with the 2.8" pulley and the Magnuson tune. This is pretty much what Staxxin has, I believe.

At 8 psi boost (attainable via a couple of routes) and combined with a free-flowing exhaust (i.e. headers) and a more aggressive but still safe tune (Rick at StealthV comes to mind), I'm thinking that all those things together might tally up to 160-180 added crank hp. Yeah, I may be a bit high on that high end, but anyway that's where I came up with that. :hide:

BUT THE POINT IS you get a lot more torque starting down low, so without having to shift gears the acceleration is dramatically improved.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2004 CTS-V
173 Posts
As I recall, Magnuson states about +20 hp per 1 psi of boost. At a pretty standard 5-6 psi boost, that equates to about 100-120 hp. That's also with the 2.8" pulley and the Magnuson tune. This is pretty much what Staxxin has, I believe.

At 8 psi boost (attainable via a couple of routes) and combined with a free-flowing exhaust (i.e. headers) and a more aggressive but still safe tune (Rick at StealthV comes to mind), I'm thinking that all those things together might tally up to 160-180 added crank hp. Yeah, I may be a bit high on that high end, but anyway that's where I came up with that. :hide:

BUT THE POINT IS you get a lot more torque starting down low, so without having to shift gears the acceleration is dramatically improved.
I've found a nice nitrous shot to really "wake up" my Maggie. Hey, want to swap girls?? (I should've gone with the polished one.....:thepan:)

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
Bump.

For those interested, I saw John's car once at a dyno day, and it was immaculate. I'm sure he kept it in great shape.

-Chris

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
geez. and my friend, with his twin turbo kit, is running 650HP at the wheels... also with a safe tune, and he pulled the PSI down a bit.

that's in a LS2 GTO though. but what a car!

if this deal had come by beginning of next year, i'd take it

·
Registered
17,712 Posts
geez. and my friend, with his twin turbo kit, is running 650HP at the wheels... also with a safe tune, and he pulled the PSI down a bit.

that's in a LS2 GTO though. but what a car!

if this deal had come by beginning of next year, i'd take it
Come on, buy it.

Just think, you could really scare your mom and sister with this one!

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
...and probably about 450 rwtq, which is what matters.
450 rwtq with a 2.8" pulley? Doubtful. 450 rwhp is possible, but not that much rwtq. You'd probably need a 2.6" pulley or 8" crankshaft pulley to do that.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts