Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I picked up my V yesterday from the shop, the new maggie has been installed, and all I can say is WOW, the car feels totaly different, the power is there, I can not be more pleased with this mod :thumbsup:

I ended up not using the superships programer included in the kit, I ended up having the car dyno tuned by Nevarez Racing Products, the car was tuned and dynoed, the numbers well, how bout 434 RWHP and 393RWTQ like I said before, I am very happy with this install, now I know when other maggie owners talked about their cars, now I know.

Jose

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wildwhl said:
Since I know someone will ask - will you post a dyno chart? What type of dyno?
I'll post the dyno chart later today, I need to scan it and post it here, I don't know if those numbers are a little low, but the car feel 100% faster that what it used to.

Jose

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
itbdby said:
aren't the numbers a bit low? I thought we should expect closer to 500 hp at the rear wheels.
Why?

Did you think you should get 405 hp at the rear wheel because it says 405 hp?

Considering at least a 12% drivetrain loss, those #s are pretty good.
:highfive:

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Very important question here...

What size pulley do you have? Those numbers suggest a 2.8" pulley. Is that correct?

Also, what other mods are you running?

itbdby said:
aren't the numbers a bit low? I thought we should expect closer to 500 hp at the rear wheels.
LOL. No, 500 at the rear wheels would most assurdly require not only a 2.6" pulley, but other mods as well. If the ~only mod he has on his car is the maggie (i.e. no CAI, no exhaust, etc.), then his results would be right in line with what my layman brain would expect... :D Granted, the type of dyno does make a difference, as the esteemed WW stated above (I'm guessing a dynojet), but those numbers are in the ball park with what I saw with a 2.8" pulley (granted, I had a few more mods though, so my numbers were a little higher). If he has the 3.0" pulley, however, WOW is all I can say...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Luna. said:
Very important question here...

What size pulley do you have? Those numbers suggest a 2.8" pulley. Is that correct?

Also, what other mods are you running?

LOL. No, 500 at the rear wheels would most assurdly require not only a 2.6" pulley, but other mods as well. If the ~only mod he has on his car is the maggie (i.e. no CAI, no exhaust, etc.), then his results would be right in line with what my layman brain would expect... :D Granted, the type of dyno does make a difference, as the esteemed WW stated above (I'm guessing a dynojet), but those numbers are in the ball park with what I saw with a 2.8" pulley (granted, I had a few more mods though, so my numbers were a little higher). If he has the 3.0" pulley, however, WOW is all I can say...
The dyno is a Dynojet, and the pulley is the stock pulley that came with the maggie, 3" pulley? the only other mod that I've done to the car is a Magnaflow exhaust, I also think those numbers seem to be just fine for the mods that I've done.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Vegas V said:
The dyno is a Dynojet, and the pulley is the stock pulley that came with the maggie, 3" pulley? the only other mod that I've done to the car is a Magnaflow exhaust, I also think those numbers seem to be just fine for the mods that I've done.
When you get the chance, open your hood and look at the pulley--it should be stamped right on it. :)

If you got those numbers from a 3.0" pulley, your car is doing very well in my mind. :worship:

A 2.8" pulley, which I was told is supposed to be the "standard" pulley for new maggies, would seem to be right in line with your results.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Luna. said:
When you get the chance, open your hood and look at the pulley--it should be stamped right on it. :)

If you got those numbers from a 3.0" pulley, your car is doing very well in my mind. :worship:

A 2.8" pulley, which I was told is supposed to be the "standard" pulley for new maggies, would seem to be right in line with your results.
Went out to the parking lot and cheked, the pulley is stamped with a 2.80 number in the center of it, which means that is a 2.8" pulley. are my numbers still OK?:bouncy:

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Vegas V said:
Went out to the parking lot and cheked, the pulley is stamped with a 2.80 number in the center of it, which means that is a 2.8" pulley. are my numbers still OK?:bouncy:
LOL of course! :highfive:

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
Did these guys measure your boost?And for you 2.8 pully guys whats your boost?I have the 3.00 pully and get 6lbs.I think I would be happier with the 2.8

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rp64ctsv said:
Did these guys measure your boost?And for you 2.8 pully guys whats your boost?I have the 3.00 pully and get 6lbs.I think I would be happier with the 2.8
No, I'm buying a Boos gauge in the next week or so, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
rp64ctsv said:
I can assure you, you will be happier with a 2.8" pulley...:dance:

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
Tell me what you want for it.And if you have time explain the different pcm to me.Your exhaust project sounds interesting to me.I'm installing a boost guage and the Volant as soon as the V gets back home.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Is the ashtray still the best installation spot for a boost gauge?

I'm so looking for a different spot to stick mine, but I can't find/think of a better spot...

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
Ashtray for me,right where the cigarette lighter is.I have seen a couple there,very clean install.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Agree. The only problem there is that you have to take your eyes off the road to view the gauge. :hmm:

I just can't find another good spot to install it though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts