Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished with my maggie install, put a Gates PN K061037 belt on, and it's too short by 1-1/2 to 2 inches. I also confirmed this by wrapping a tape measure around the pulleys ... came out to be about 106" ... the belt is 104-1/4". I've got the corrected belt diagram, and everything appears to be okay.

Anybody else have this issue?

I simply hate Mod Hell. :rant2:

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
What size pulley is on there? It shouldn't make 1.5" difference but who knows? The NEW idler pulley does have quite a bit of play, so maybe it's just not torqued all the way? I kept getting into the top radiator hose to get mine into position. Do you have underdrive pulleys or anything? The idler pulley on the maggie should be 76mm (3") maybe it is bigger?

Trust me, if this is as bad as it gets for you, i'd call it mod heaven :cloud9:

·
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, thanks, guys. :thumbsup: (You guys really do rock, you know.)

I don't know what the deal is, but I just put a longer belt (106.5") on, and she started right up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds mean, too. Rick's gotta refine the tune, but what a nice lope. :highfive: Got the right belt diagram ... the only thing I can think of is the tensioner extender/bracket/aluminum thingy is incorrect (extends it further than it's suppose to) causing the belt to be longer. Heck, I don't know ... I'm just guessing.

While it was idling, I checked all over and no leaks of coolant, oil, or fuel. (Did I miss something? There's gotta be something I missed!) I'm posting here, then cleaning up a bit, taking her off the jack stands, and going for a spin. Woo-Hoo!!!!!! :bouncy:

·
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went about 10 miles and, yup, I gotta say, I'd recommend this to anyone. These GSD3s are gonna be toast! :thumbsup:

Now, I have to do some yardwork I've been neglecting, then start thinking about the next mod. Hmm-m, let's see ... there's that Specter spoiler, there's a UUC flywheel, oh can't forget about FG2 shocks, then there's a Valentine One, then there's ...

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Points for the self-install. I still remember my first few miles with the Maggie, I was most impressed with how quick the tach redlined in the first three gears. By the way, forget the other mods, you may want to save a while for the rear-end fix.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Randy......CONGRATULATIONS! ! !

I know how meticulous you are.......I'm sure it is every bit as good as you described. I'm actually "thinking" about installing the new diff (there's 2 aftermarket guys with diffs out there now) and the maggie, and maybe NOT buy the '09. I mean, my car is in PERFECT condition and who knows how much the '09 is gonna' be? ? ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts