Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents -

I had a knock sensor test bad tonight...and decided to pull Maggie yet again. Total time? 35 minutes with father in law and 1 coors light and 2 Guinness. I discovered the rubber seals above the knock sensors were no longer glued down as well as they once were.

Now, last weekend in an effort to beautify the car I pressure washed the engine bay. Guess what? They were both full of water. The rear sensor has been wet for some time - it is all rusted/corroded.

I don't have my cable for my camera tonight, but took pics. At least I know what I need to get the car dialed tomorrow for the freight trip to Texas.

Just make sure you glue those things in properly with RTV when you assemble your maggie kit. Mine made it 25,000 miles and probably would have never been an issue, except that I've played musical maggie's along the way and likely pulled the edges up when sliding her on or off.

Good night, and thanks to all that helped me through another day of.......

M
O
D

H
E
L
L
!
!
!

WW

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK - new knock sensors are in (replaced them both for the hell of it). I have the wires drying (tack glued down to the lifter valley baffle with RTV) and will set the S/C back in place in about an hour. Test drive tonight, provided the F-in-Law doesn't get me too shitfaced putting the car back together :alchi:

WW

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,989 Posts
OK - new knock sensors are in (replaced them both for the hell of it). I have the wires drying (tack glued down to the lifter valley baffle with RTV) and will set the S/C back in place in about an hour. Test drive tonight, provided the F-in-Law doesn't get me too shitfaced putting the car back together :alchi:

WW
I gotta hand to you, RTV'ing those up and then driving that thing a few hours later. Bet you could do that sleepin', blindfolded, or shitfaced. The last one sounds like the most fun, though. :alchi:

Oops, 'scuse me, my beer's empty.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She's back together. Oil changed. Just finished a 30 minute/20 mile HARD test drive with stock Magtune. Man - she runs like a bat out of hell. I must have been losing some performance for a long time with this sensor issue. Not one code or error - belt stayed in place - the new owner is going to have a blast.

And remember - I'm at 4,500 ft elevation - DFW look out!!!

WW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts