Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice because I am seriously considering a Maggie.

1) Did everything come with the kit did you lack anything during the install??
2) Did you guys change spark plugs? What did you gap them at?
3) Did you run into any problems?
4) What kind of gas mileage you guys getting now any change?
5) Is there any need to get bigger fuel injectors?

The next step is getting an idea of how I am going to tune my car with EFILive last thing I need is it going lean :(

Thanks

·
Registered
04CTSVsc
854 Posts
Most of the questions you have can be answered if you go to the Magnusson website and go through the installation instructions posted there.

Gas mileage varies according to how much your car is in boost mode. So, on the highway, cruising you'll be very close to stock, but at WOT and full boost, you may be able to actually see the fuel gauge move toward E. Combined city and highway for me ends up at about 14-16 mpg.

Good luck, you won't regret it at all.

ew

·
Registered
270 Posts
What was the HP increase from the Maggie?? I was almost thinking about getting one but saw somewhere that it was only about a 60 HP increase...not worth 5k+ IMO. I think full exhaust, CAI and a tune would give just under that, and cost about 3k less.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
My understanding is that a 2.8" pulley is the correct pulley nowadays (not the 3.0" pulley). Double check to make sure that you have the correct pulley.

If someone got only 60HP with a maggie, my initial reaction is to see comment above. That is woefully too low and Magna Charger will definitely work with you to pull that number up (they have very good customer service in my opinion). They advertise (in the neighborhood of) 130 HP gains from the maggie. Hence, I would expect to get results at least close to that.

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Mat347 said:
What was the HP increase from the Maggie?? I was almost thinking about getting one but saw somewhere that it was only about a 60 HP increase...not worth 5k+ IMO. I think full exhaust, CAI and a tune would give just under that, and cost about 3k less.
Don't know where your getting your info, but I suggest you research all the OLD threads on this forum about maggies and the installs and the gains that the owners got.
There is a multitude of stuff that you can do for under $5k that will get you more then a 60 hp increase.
One of them entails taking apart a perfectly good motor.

BANG for the BUCK, I still like my maggie(s) :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Luna. said:
My understanding is that a 2.8" pulley is the correct pulley nowadays (not the 3.0" pulley). Double check to make sure that you have the correct pulley.

If someone got only 60HP with a maggie, my initial reaction is to see comment above. That is woefully too low and Magna Charger will definitely work with you to pull that number up (they have very good customer service in my opinion). They advertise (in the neighborhood of) 130 HP gains from the maggie. Hence, I would expect to get results at least close to that.
Does the 2.8" come with the kit?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
CadV said:
Does the 2.8" come with the kit?
Dont know. My kit came with a 3" but I have heard that they now come with 2.8 due to the variances in performance between cars.
The kit is very complete, nothing needed except antifreeze. You cant beat the torque, it pulls like a freight train even with the 3" pulley and other than a little whine, the installation is transparent. Runs nice, hauls ass.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
I was under the assumption that 150+HP is not too far out of the Q with the 2.8 pulley and a StealthV tune. The tune is the key to these motors. The LS6 is a very quirky motor that is VERY responsive to added StealthV goodness.

F

·
Registered
04CTSVsc
854 Posts
lasstss said:
Dont know. My kit came with a 3" but I have heard that they now come with 2.8 due to the variances in performance between cars.
The kit is very complete, nothing needed except antifreeze. You cant beat the torque, it pulls like a freight train even with the 3" pulley and other than a little whine, the installation is transparent. Runs nice, hauls ass.
I think my pulley is 2.8" and the S/C has a carbon fiber shaft. Is yours steel or CF, Martin?

Kit is very complete..

Tuning is a MUST....

ew

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome well I think I am in for 4800 shipped that price is to good to pass on. I have 3 friends that will help me do it I have the pizza and beer of course :)

I will have to modify my EFILive Tune for the supercharger.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm in love with the idea of a Maggie, I just can't justify throwing out my 100k mile warranty on so much of the car. I'm guessing they'd refuse service on ALL of the powertrain. Maybe also brakes, transmission, etc. Ugly thought!

What's the feasability of removing it when you need to bring the car in for service/repairs? Is it way to much work? Too easily detected by a service tech? Or do cool dealers exist who'd look the other way when a customer brings in modded car?

That's the only thing holding me back! I'm dying to get me a blower! ARGH!

Skeeter

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
keeksv said:
I think my pulley is 2.8" and the S/C has a carbon fiber shaft. Is yours steel or CF, Martin?

Kit is very complete..

Tuning is a MUST....

ew
Shaft looks to be plated steel. I also noticed that it wobbles at speed.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Skeeter said:
I'm in love with the idea of a Maggie, I just can't justify throwing out my 100k mile warranty on so much of the car. I'm guessing they'd refuse service on ALL of the powertrain. Maybe also brakes, transmission, etc. Ugly thought!

What's the feasability of removing it when you need to bring the car in for service/repairs? Is it way to much work? Too easily detected by a service tech? Or do cool dealers exist who'd look the other way when a customer brings in modded car?

Skeeter
I feel the same way. Good questions! :yup:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
They can of course blame the maggie for failures but the truth is that you dont need a blower to break a trans, driveshaft, axles or a differential. All has been accomplished normally asperated!:D

·
Registered
04CTSVsc
854 Posts
lasstss said:
Shaft looks to be plated steel. I also noticed that it wobbles at speed.
I think that's why they started using the CF shaft. I think someone had a real problem with the steel shaft (Blitzer?) and Brian sent him a new blower with CF shaft or a new CF shaft.

The CF makes me worry about something in the engine compartment rubbing up against it or hitting it though:eek:

·
Registered
04CTSVsc
854 Posts
Skeeter said:

Skeeter
There are good mod-friendly dealers out there, and there are dealers out there who will refuse warranty coverage on stock vehicles. If they're going to give me a hard time about my stock vehicle, I may as well have a blower, and have fun, right?:stirpot:

...and to quote a wise man on the forum "it's a car, not a kidney.":thumbsup:

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
keeksv said:
I think that's why they started using the CF shaft. I think someone had a real problem with the steel shaft (Blitzer?) and Brian sent him a new blower with CF shaft or a new CF shaft.

The CF makes me worry about something in the engine compartment rubbing up against it or hitting it though:eek:
I sent a suggestion to Magnuson that they paint up the carbon shaft like a barber pole.
Would look awesome at idle!

That shaft reminds me of the high school shop classes.
You do not want to get your necktie caught up in that thing!:eek:

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Skeeter said:

Skeeter
Couple thoughts...

There is NO WAY you would even want to consider removing the S/C every time you take it in for service. And yeah, they will notice that very quickly...:)

If warranty is your concern, Magna offers a 3/36 warranty for a whopping $200 that covers the engine and trans. That leaves the risk related to the differential, which, unfortunately, is the weak-link, but, hopefully, the '06 differential (or he Aussie company) will work well.

I would recommend these few thoughts: 1) Find a caddy dealer close to you or one that you feel comfortable with to deal with on a consistent basis; tell them you are looking for start a business relationship with them, 2) seriously consider having the dealer install the maggie, as this, in my mind, goes a decent to long way towards building goodwill (especially since you paid them to install the maggie!), which might be invaluable when having them perform warranty work, 3) speak to the service manager directly and talk about your concerns about the rear-differential; tell him that you want his dealership to perform the installation, but you are hesitant, as you've heard that the rear-differential is very weak, etc. and see what he says.

Also, I do believe that the 2.8" pulley is now standard, as is the new voltmeter and C/F shaft. These will all come with the kit. if you end up with the 3.0" pulley, I'd have it dynoed, as I think the numbers will end up woefully low and you can call Magna Charger, show them your dyno, and they will work with you (i.e. install a 2.8" pulley for you).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts