Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone did the mag ride delete using the Monroe struts , shocks and the
Mag ride delete modules that trick the computer in thinking the mag ride shocks are in place to keep from trouble codes from showing up? I noticed one person mentioned using fox shocks but didn't want to go that route because I plan on installing a 2 inch front 4 inch back lowering kit from bell tech. Just wondering if it made the car ride better with the switch? I currently have 37K miles and I feel everything on the road. Extremely disappointing for how much these suv's cost.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
2,025 Posts
Monroe wouldn’t be my 1st choice for an Escalade.
They don’t belong on anything nice.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
69 Posts
Hello, I was wondering if anyone did the mag ride delete using the Monroe struts , shocks and the
Mag ride delete modules that trick the computer in thinking the mag ride shocks are in place to keep from trouble codes from showing up? I noticed one person mentioned using fox shocks but didn't want to go that route because I plan on installing a 2 inch front 4 inch back lowering kit from bell tech. Just wondering if it made the car ride better with the switch? I currently have 37K miles and I feel everything on the road. Extremely disappointing for how much these suv's cost.

Thanks.
I'm the one who did the Fox switch. You may be able to go that route if you drop the front with a spindle. Depends on how much you wanna spend.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm the one who did the Fox switch. You may be able to go that route if you drop the front with a spindle. Depends on how much you wanna spend.
I spent around 4 hundred for the 2 front struts and 2 rear shocks from Summit Racing. If it rides crappy then I’ll go with the Fox shocks. Honestly i think anything is better than what I have right now.. Its bad. I can feel every bump on the road. At this point my honda commuter car rides better than my escalade. We’ll see how it goes with the swap.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My 26” rims and 305/35/26 are being delivered in a week and I’m using the same belltech drop from NorCal SS. I have read something about spindles before. What do they actually do?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 26” rims and 305/35/26 are being delivered in a week and I’m using the same belltech drop from NorCal SS. I have read something about spindles before. What do they actually do?
The spindles make the wheels lower while keeping the factory suspension geometry in line. I think you also need to get special sway bar links for the back which the bell tech kit does not provide. I did some research on you tube and found JDM makes the special sway bar links you need. The you tube video was a guy lowering his white GMC Yukon but its basically the same suspension. I'm going to do the lowering once I get the mag delete done and also upgrading my brake rotors to drill slots and using hawk severe duty brake pads.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The spindles make the wheels lower while keeping the factory suspension geometry in line. I think you also need to get special sway bar links for the back which the bell tech kit does not provide. I did some research on you tube and found JDM makes the special sway bar links you need. The you tube video was a guy lowering his white GMC Yukon but its basically the same suspension. I'm going to do the lowering once I get the mag delete done and also upgrading my brake rotors to drill slots and using hawk severe duty brake pads.
so are you using resistors to bypass the MRC’s? I am just wondering because I am contemplating doing the same thing, but possibly either using the shocksims plug and play kit or creating my own “prototype”plug and play.

I have figured out the circuit needed to “fool” the ride height sensors that provide feedback to the SCM. And am currently working on the “resistors” required for the MRC. All this research and reporting is reminding me of my undergraduate years in engineering performing/writing labs.

Either way let me know how you make out with the switch.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so are you using resistors to bypass the MRC’s? I am just wondering because I am contemplating doing the same thing, but possibly either using the shocksims plug and play kit or creating my own “prototype”plug and play.

I have figured out the circuit needed to “fool” the ride height sensors that provide feedback to the SCM. And am currently working on the “resistors” required for the MRC. All this research and reporting is reminding me of my undergraduate years in engineering performing/writing labs.

Either way let me know how you make out with the switch.
I’m using the shock sims. I recently found a cheaper alternative on ebay for about 180 bucks after i bought the shock sims. The kit I got has 4 ride height sims and 4 mag ride sims. I bypassed the air leveling system also. I’m finishing up the project today. Had to order a torque wrench that supports up to 250 ft lbs due to the wheel lug nut torque requirements of 140 ft lbs.
I will give my ride quality review after I get to drive around with the new set up. The install was not that difficult if you have some technical ability.
Auto part Tire Machine Tool

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
69 Posts
JUst a FYI....if anyone does the sway bar end links.....you do have to drill a new hole on the drivers side to accommodate the new sway bar bracket. Been there, done that :) Only need the sway bar end links if you're doing 3+" of drop in the rear.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JUst a FYI....if anyone does the sway bar end links.....you do have to drill a new hole on the drivers side to accommodate the new sway bar bracket. Been there, done that :) Only need the sway bar end links if you're doing 3+" of drop in the rear.
Just got my end links the other day. Need to order the belltech 2/4 drop kit next. =)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’m using the shock sims. I recently found a cheaper alternative on ebay for about 180 bucks after i bought the shock sims. The kit I got has 4 ride height sims and 4 mag ride sims. I bypassed the air leveling system also. I’m finishing up the project today. Had to order a torque wrench that supports up to 250 ft lbs due to the wheel lug nut torque requirements of 140 ft lbs.
I will give my ride quality review after I get to drive around with the new set up. The install was not that difficult if you have some technical ability.
View attachment 588756 View attachment 588756
Thanks for the update. Yeah I came across the eBay simulators too. I just feel that a price of $180 or even $400 for some resistors is too steep. I came across another thread where member 2muchspl created a thread titled “How to delete Z95 front and rear MRC magnetic suspension” for his 09 and this sparked my engineering side to figure out my own simulation setup. In his setup he just used a huge resistor to dissipate the heat created by the current being sent to the MRC because he left the RHS alone (still providing a control voltage to the SCM based upon position).

My setup will “trick” the SCM into thinking the ride height is in the “neutral” position and not require any current being sent to the MRC. I plan on starting a thread to document my finding and provide proof of concept for anyone willing to get their hands dirty.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the update. Yeah I came across the eBay simulators too. I just feel that a price of $180 or even $400 for some resistors is too steep. I came across another thread where member 2muchspl created a thread titled “How to delete Z95 front and rear MRC magnetic suspension” for his 09 and this sparked my engineering side to figure out my own simulation setup. In his setup he just used a huge resistor to dissipate the heat created by the current being sent to the MRC because he left the RHS alone (still providing a control voltage to the SCM based upon position).

My setup will “trick” the SCM into thinking the ride height is in the “neutral” position and not require any current being sent to the MRC. I plan on starting a thread to document my finding and provide proof of concept for anyone willing to get their hands dirty.
Since installing the sims, I haven't had any service suspension lights or trouble codes so far. The only concern I would have with making the resistor sims yourself would be keeping it water tight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Since installing the sims, I haven't had any service suspension lights or trouble codes so far. The only concern I would have with making the resistor sims yourself would be keeping it water tight.
Ive researched this through and through. I’d use an epoxy to seal everything. More than likely a thermally conductive epoxy made by MG Chemicals. This is the same material they use to seal HID ballast circuitry.

Just wondering did you perform the Ride Height trim procedure using the code scanner?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ive researched this through and through. I’d use an epoxy to seal everything. More than likely a thermally conductive epoxy made by MG Chemicals. This is the same material they use to seal HID ballast circuitry.

Just wondering did you perform the Ride Height trim procedure using the code scanner?
With the kit I got, it wasn’t required.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I did the Mag ride delete, I installed the ride height simulators and the air bypass modules. New front struts and rear shocks. So far the ride seems better than what I had before. I also replaced the brakes with Hawk Severe duty brake pads and drill slotted rotors. Noticed better braking.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I did the Mag ride delete, I installed the ride height simulators and the air bypass modules. New front struts and rear shocks. So far the ride seems better than what I had before. I also replaced the brakes with Hawk Severe duty brake pads and drill slotted rotors. Noticed better braking.
That’s just what I was hoping to hear!!! So I will be definitely bypassing the system. Just curious what replacement parts did you end up ordering from Summit Racing? I know many have used the Monroe quick-struts PN 139104 and rear AC Delco shocks PN 5401723 to retain the air leveling.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I ended up using the Monroe Quick -struts Mon-139104 for the front and Monroe Reflex Monotube Shocks Mon-911506 in the rear from Summit Racing. I deleted the air ride so didn't need the air leveling shocks. They work great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts