Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Deville (base)
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello eveyone,
Ive been searching for threads that tell how to clean the maf sensor. Im in the middle of cleaning the throttle body right now and I've decided to clean the maf to. Can someone please point me in the right direction on this forum so i can get this done? Thank you in advance

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,416 Posts
If the MAF is not obviously nasty, oily, greasy I would leave it alone and make sure the intake ducting has no leaks and that the ducting band clamps are tight - no air leaks at or after the MAF. Make sure the 5-pin connector is seated properly and that the wires are not stressed. Be very careful of the 3 tiny heated resistors on the metal bridges - pop one of those and you're out a hundred bucks or so.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,318 Posts
:yeah: The MAF sensor rarely ever needs to be cleaned as it is down stream from the air filter.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,275 Posts
never had a problem with the DeVille MAF sensor. My Mercury Grand Marquis, however, is another matter. I bought a can of MAF cleaner and as long as you're aware that the three little wires are fragile, plus don't connect to power until it's dry, you're okay. Use too much cleaner or pressure and be prepared to pull out a hundred dollar bill, or more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts