Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V Sedan & 2011 Cadillac Escalade ESV
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed a new radiator, new factory level ride shocks. Also found some nice wire wheels. The used wheels are direct bolt on Dayton’s, I purchased new Appliance Caddy center caps and used those instead of Dayton center caps. Mounted some Vogue Tires on them. I’m pleased with the way it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a Caddy! Love the color, grill and spokes. Whats next for it?
Thanks.

Next plans are to change spark plugs and wires. Change oil in engine and rear diff. Change transmission fluid and filter. Then put her on the highway way for a couple hundred miles. It’s only got a little over 42,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,888 Posts
Every time I see a clean RWD CDV, I want one even more.
Nicely done, OP. Nicely done.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
Having the brake fluid flushed is more important than a rear axle fluid change. Verify engine timing is at 12 degrees rather than 10. Will run much better. A rear sway bar from an Olds wagon or a Chevy Cop car from that era will improve cornering.

·
Registered
1996 Federal Heritage Hearse
230 Posts
Having the brake fluid flushed is more important than a rear axle fluid change. Verify engine timing is at 12 degrees rather than 10. Will run much better. A rear sway bar from an Olds wagon or a Chevy Cop car from that era will improve cornering.
To this I might add replacing all the brake hoses. People at most do the front hoses. Almost no one does the rear single hose which can be a pain. But these hoses can collapse on the inside and then it inhibit brake fluid getting to the brakes and worse keep it from getting out of the brakes and back to the master cylinder which keeps the brakes at least semi applied.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To this I might add replacing all the brake hoses. People at most do the front hoses. Almost no one does the rear single hose which can be a pain. But these hoses can collapse on the inside and then it inhibit brake fluid getting to the brakes and worse keep it from getting out of the brakes and back to the master cylinder which keeps the brakes at least semi applied.
Thanks for the info

1 - 14 of 14 Posts