Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I spent over an hour yesterday searching various local stores for a goddamned bathtowel brand that was made in the US. Lots of Chinese ones and Wal-Mart has a bunch made in Pakistan that I threw down with a quickness...Finally found some nine dollar friggin towels at Wally World that are made here.

They ARE much nicer than the others I looked at, but nine bucks seems kinda high for a friggin towel.

Oh well.

:usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
You get points!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
You can buy american things at Walmart? And what the hell is Wally World?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wally World = Wal-Mart. And yea, you can get USA Made, just difficult to find.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Ohh ok, you kinda threw me off by mentioning walmart then saying Wally World in the same line.

·
Registered
1993 DeVille
173 Posts
AMEN for the effort to even find ANY US made textile goods!!!!

I own a motel operation and buy LOTS of sheets, towels , etc!
It is near impossible to find USA made stuff at any price !!!
Most is US materials assembled in a 3rd world country...........

I did luck out the other day and found some no name brand
quarter socks that were USA made at Dollar General............:bouncy:

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea...the tags said Made in USA but its "Egyptian Cotton." Not sure if that's a style or if its actually from Egypt, but it was the best I could find. I was happy.

I got pissed at some people from work just yesterday. I told them the same story and they asked what the hell was wrong with me, why didn't I just buy the cheap and quick ones... I ranted for a bit and now I think they think I'm crazy.

·
Registered
Yep
746 Posts
Spyder;1121222 I got pissed at some people from work just yesterday. I told them the same story and they asked what the hell was wrong with me said:
Feel free to tell them to hop in their Toyota's, Honda's & Nissan's and to drive them off a pier w/o worrying about getting out. :alchi:

·
Registered
06 STS and a bunch of BMWs
395 Posts
Ha!

Well done Spyder, but who remembers back in the early 90s when Wal-Mart made a big deal about "bringing it home to the USA"?

F that company, seriously.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha!

Well done Spyder, but who remembers back in the early 90s when Wal-Mart made a big deal about "bringing it home to the USA"?

F that company, seriously.

They WERE the last of a few places that I went...I try to buy other places first, but if I'm gonna save a hundred bucks on a shopping trip, I'm gonna end up at wally world. I don't make enough money yet to be THAT selective. I keep it in the US as much as possible, and buy local when I can...but I can only afford so much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts